The recent health care bill passing; your thoughts?

1. JeniferD profile image60
    JeniferDposted 6 years ago

I understand that part of the bill included around 50 new taxes on top of everything else.  I saw John Boehner's speech, chastising the house and the senate for their handling of the passing of this bill.  I see a big victory for Big Insurance and Big Pharmaceuticals in the profits sector, I'm sure those CEO's are dancing in their underwear right now.

1. 0
      Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

569 billion in NEW taxes, with taxes on medical devices like wheel chairs and fillings!! But it cuts the deficit!

If I was to pass a law to set a trillion dollars on fire on the front lawn of the white house ans collected 2 trillion in taxes as part of that bill, I too could say I was cutting the deficit! It's absurd!

2. JeniferD profile image60
    JeniferDposted 6 years ago

Wow, setting U.S. currency on fire?  These hacks will just print more.  LOL!

My take on this?  Our current government doesn't know how to run the country.  How many members of our congress used to be business owners whose business went bankrupt?  Jobs should have been top priority for this bunch, but, since they couldn't figure out how to fix that, they decided to take on health care because it was just easier, however, not beneficial to people with no income.

Yup, America is being run by a bunch of D-students and our president has shown us that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed these days if he's letting Nancy Pelosi lead him around by the nose.