the race card worn out?

1. politicsdaylee profile image59
    politicsdayleeposted 6 years ago

Have the American people become numb to an over played race card? Are we desensitized now?  If you've ever been on a political chat site or comment board (aol's comment board has been turned off since congress ratings got into the negatives). you always notice the" race baiters" saying something they would not say in public.they have net names like, cjjanis, madmax, jrot,etc. they make post like...
    9:00AM Mar 22nd 2010C'mon know what the term "thuggish" evokes in the mind. The connotation of that word inspires the image of dark skin, hoodie wearing monster stalking the urban streets. Cashman, I know you do not consider yourself racist, but you are parroting language you heard others use to evoke that kind of response towards our president...
        And thats a mild post. You notice how eric demonizes cashman for using the word thugish.Do conversations like this play a part in desensitizing the us to racism?
    what are the effects of cries of racism from men like rev. wright, Farrakhan, etc

We all know friends among themselfs call each other names as terms of endearment. Take rap music for instance it uses the N-word in excess as does the movie industry. But its cool in that setting. Is there a term for (use when cool or demonize when convenient)

2. TLMinut profile image59
    TLMinutposted 6 years ago

A few years ago I worked a job where I was the only woman. Since then I've realized that I could have spent my time in loud, righteous indignation over being given "girly" tasks, screaming discrimination and causing no end of trouble. Instead, I did everything I needed to and then did more and more beyond that until the supervisor one day told me "Get your guys and take them (to get a particular job done)." My guys? I didn't have guys, but I worked so hard, well, and without complaint that he didn't care whether I was male or female, I was someone who would get the job done.

It applies to race as well. Women, blacks, Mexicans, other nationalities in the past in America, had to fight for their rights. But there comes a time when talking and fighting take a back seat to demonstrating who and what you are, what you can do.

The supervisor I worked for won't automatically look askance at the next woman who comes to work for him; complaining didn't change it, action did.