jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

...and the stats come rolling in on health care mandates for states...

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago

this is only the beginning of the realty on the ground...where the rubber meets the road...the realty that the democrats could not come to terms with, if they even considered it at all...which I don't see how they could have with these kinds of numbers...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= … wSWE6H1kHM

1. 0
      LegendaryHeroposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's a lot of money, if this goes through the states will have to do some really serious budget cuts.

2. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I am glad to see this and glad that my state is in the list. I do not understand why people do not get that the opposition to this monster is not about denying benifit to the poor it is about being enslaved by our own government.

3. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

You do realize that if those states that are in the lawsuits win their arguments that the Federal Govt. will stop subsidizing their medicaid programs and free up that money for the other states.  I don't see how there is a real win scenario now that the legislation has passed into law.

States depend on federal subsidies that's how the Govt can strong arm them into stupid legislation like No Child Left Behind.  People would do better to prepare themselves and educate themselves on the individual costs that may or may not come.

As far as the fine is concerned, it looks like $695 by 2014, that's less than $2 per day and since there is a mandate in the law that says insurers cannot deny coverage because of pre-existing conditions, then there is no need to purchase insurance until you get sick or injured. I think a lot of people are going to do just that and then the insurance companies will either give the lowest possible fee or go out of business. And when that happens, the Govt will step in and completely take it over.

When this first came out as a real issue over a year ago, I was totally against it. There are still parts of it that I'm not at all happy with. My biggest fear was that there was going to be a public option and now my biggest fear is that I start to earn over $250,000 and get hit with huge tax increases smile

I know I'm making light of the fears others have of this law but if you step back for a moment and look at all the good this law could do. Isn't it worth it? I don't see this as enslavement by our Govt, I see this as opportunity.   

And even if this does cause a financial crunch within the family structure it's going to force us to make healthier choices and take more preventive care precautions. This whole country needs to get healthy and this is the straw that will take us there.