jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Stupid Overpaid Doctors are the Problem

1. MikeNV profile image72
    MikeNVposted 7 years ago

http://finance.yahoo.com/college-educat … _education

Seriously... Doctors are making too much money aren't they?

Good thing they have easy access to student loans... which make it so easy to become wealthy.

1. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, they're not making too much money. Doctors save lives. How can you put a price on saving someone's life?

Furthermore, if they weren't paid so much, no one would want to be a doctor. Doctors are exposed to germs every day. Doctors witness deaths every day. I don't know many people who would be willing to go in, get to know a person, become attached to them, then watch them die for minimum wage.

1. donotfear profile image91
        donotfearposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You better believe it! Had a conversation with an E.R. doc yesterday. He's concerned but has a 'sit-back-&-wait' attitude....and no, they aren't all wallowing in the big bucks either. They work hard for their money.

2. Sab Oh profile image61
      Sab Ohposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"Seriously... Doctors are making too much money aren't they?"

No, they are not. What the hell is that?

2. lender3212000 profile image86
    lender3212000posted 7 years ago

I think stupid, overpaid insurance companies would be a little more accurate. I have several doctors in my family and every single one of them works a job that most others would not even be willing to consider. It involves constantly being around germs, getting up several times in the middle of the night to see patients, and sacrificing the freedom of what some would call a "normal" schedule. Not a single one of them lives a life of luxury and they all have to shell out a significant amount of their earnings for malpractice insurance. I will admit, I do know a few wealthy doctors but they aren't the ones caring for us or our loved ones, they are the ones who go into the office at noon to create the magical medical wonder of silicone breasts...

3. slenoue profile image60
    slenoueposted 7 years ago

I agree, doctor's deserve the money they make.

Why do insurance company's make it so difficult for them? I heard the other day that insurance companies make very little profit. Anyone know if that's true? maybe insurance companies should become non-profit.

1. Sab Oh profile image61
      Sab Ohposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"Why do insurance company's make it so difficult for them?"

Because doctors get sued all the time. Many times for very good reason. Many, many times because it has become a scratch-ticket lottery for some people and the lawyers who encourage them.

Guess what wasn't in this stupid bill the gangsters shoved down our throats? Tort reform. That alone would reduce insurance rates dramatically.

1. lender3212000 profile image86
        lender3212000posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Very true, and nobody in the media seems to be willing to mention that either.

4. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 7 years ago

Not all of them stupid,
    Not all of them overpaid,
    Problem is not with doctors - with the way we use them!

working