jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Government vs The BOfA A Story Of Government Inefficiency

1. 0
    Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago

http://www.zimbio.com/Neil+Barofsky/art … a+mortgage

Under the government's TARP program 75 billion was set aside to help people with troubled mortgages from going into foreclosure. To date the program has helped 170,000 people, 96% behind government projections. This shows the government's projections as usual are never what they say they are and their estimated costs are always more then they claim and they are the least effective at solving problems compared to the free market!

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-c … ?track=rss

Along comes the BOfA with it's own plan designed to prevent foreclosure and keep people in their homes. It's an 8 billion dollar program that will likely help more people than the government's program.

1. Missi Darnell profile image89
      Missi Darnellposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well my mortgage is with bofa and since the loss of my husband I'm sure hoping they are willing to help me and my children. To get any kind of help started with them I had to go through Obama's program first and they helped with the bank, atleast I hope they will help me, they are telling me it can take up to six months for them to decide whether they want to or not. In the mean time I'll have to try and stay one step ahead of the foreclosure notice.

1. 0
        Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wish you the best of luck! *hugs*

2. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

They are not doing this to help people, they are doing it because the houses are now worth much less than the mortgage itself.

When houses were worth more did you ever see a bak decide to help you continue your mortgage, rather than take away your valuable property?

This is just another way to keep the money flowing in since forclosing is currently losing the banks money overall.

1. 0
      Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They are doing this to prevent themselves from losing money.

Does it not benefit the homeowner that is "under water" with their mortgage?

The bottom line is people are being helped no matter what the motive of the bank is.

3. MikeNV profile image76
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

BofA is a POS company.  If you Bank with them you should close your account and move it.

BofA is NOT doing this because it's good for the people they are doing this to avoid legal trouble.