Healthcare Reform Act

1. 59
    LCR1177posted 6 years ago

So the healthcare reform act has passed. I think it's great, though many may not agree. Everyone is in an uproar about government having it's hands in healthcare. Well when have they not? Medicaid, and Medicare being Really good examples. I have to give Obama credit. For the first time in at least six decades, we've had a President who has done exactly what he says he's going to do.
       He passed a healthcare bill that for once targets middle and lower income families, instead of doing something to profit the super rich. Now he's under a lot of critism for it. Why? Because he's sparing hundreds of thousands of people from declaring bankruptcy due to high medical cost? Or maybe for preventing the unnecessary and preventable deaths of men, women, and children who cannot as of now afford healthcare. What about companies that do not offer benefits to their employees?
        Whether we want to admit it or not, this is a serious and ongoing issue that won't go away. With rising unemployment, prices, many people find their medical coverage being raised as well. People with preexisting conditions could be covered. How is this a bad thing? My husband has needed a knee surgery for eight years, and due to preexisting condition clauses, he's been in  pain on a regular basis. Now he can have some pain relief. I don't see how this is a bad thing.

1. Padrino profile image58
      Padrinoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe people are angry because government has never shown any ability to run anything effectively including those two examples of government run health care you mentioned.

Just a thought.