jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Gee didn't Obama say he was going to bring Troops home?

1. MikeNV profile image72
    MikeNVposted 7 years ago

I must have heard him wrong.  What he meant was he was going to triple the number of troops.

"In December, Obama ordered 30,000 additional forces into the fight against the Taliban. Those new U.S. troops are still arriving and most are expected to be in place by summer, for a full force of roughly 100,000 U.S. troops. There were about 34,000 when Obama took office."

No point in believing anything out of Obama's mouth.

You can't blame George Bush for that!

1. PrettyPanther profile image86
      PrettyPantherposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I believe he said he would bring the troops home from Iraq, not Afghanistan.  Did you miss that part?

1. Doug Hughes profile image59
        Doug Hughesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Selective deafness. My kids have that, too.

MikeNV is one of the more rabit posters. He's anti-Obama with out the slightest shread of loyalty to truth or objectivity.  The timing of the post suggests to me that MikeNV noticed that our President made a surprise visit to the troops in the field in Afghanistan, a gutsy move whether you are a democrat or a republican. Mike want's to neutralize any bump in popularity that might result.

1. Doug Hughes profile image59
          Doug Hughesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I did not mean rabbit - as in Easter bunny. I meant to say 'rabid' as in mad dog foaming at the mouth. My bad.

1. PrettyPanther profile image86
            PrettyPantherposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Actually both "rabbit" and "rabid" fit, as he has a tendency to hop repeatedly from one subject to another, in one-sentence paragraphs.

working