jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (20 posts)

When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

1. 0
    woolman60posted 6 years ago

Remember when you were young before you even knew anything about politics, money, or marriage, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be pro baseball player.

1. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

a caveman. or a beach bum. you should have seen my moms face when I told her that...

1. Paradise7 profile image85
        Paradise7posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good for you, honey!

2. TheGlassSpider profile image81
    TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago

Believe it or not - a writer. smile Yay! Living the dream.

3. 0
    LegendaryHeroposted 6 years ago

I wanted to be a rocket scientist.

4. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 6 years ago

A Gangster.

5. thooghun profile image87
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

A doctor -> Scientist -> Policeman -> Fireman -> Then I grew up and realized I became easily blood sick -> I am genetically inept at maths -> I'm impulsive -> I enjoy burning things.

I went with writing instead.

6. H.C Porter profile image85
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

I wanted to be a youth councilor.

7. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 6 years ago

Marine biologist or in the medical field. smile

I would swim and try to increase how long I could hold my breath because I didn't know about scuba gear yet.

And I would walk around with a notepad asking to feel people's foreheads.

8. Beth100 profile image84
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

A neuro brain surgeon specializing in pediatrics.  smile

9. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

well i hope nobody laughs but i used to read a lot of comic books as a kid, so I always wanted to be comic book writer/artist growing up.  sadly, i didn't have much talent for it as all my characters were derived rip offs, as I couldn't come up with a original story to save my life.  lol.  which is probably why my family and friends kept telling me to give it up growing up.  lollollol

10. 0
    pinkyleeposted 6 years ago

as much as i hated school i always wanted to be a teacher ... now im thinkin bout being a jelly belly doc lol

11. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

teacher, math teacher, writer

12. G Miah profile image83
    G Miahposted 6 years ago

I always wanted to be a spy, like James Bond 007...

Nah, actually i wanted to be a bank manager, but looking at the recession and how long it would have took me to get there, i'm happy supporting people get jobs and access training.

13. Mikel G Roberts profile image89
    Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago

Bigger, Stronger >>>A Ninja >>>Fireman>>> Cop >>>Secret Agent >>>Superhero  wink

14. 0
    Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago

First a Nurse but later I wanted to be a doctor.

15. Anolinde profile image89
    Anolindeposted 6 years ago

First, a bank teller (I liked the atmosphere of a bank or maybe the smell of money? tongue), then an astronaut (til I watched on TV how they train you by having you spin around on this thing which is supposed to simulate being in a spacecraft or space or something), then a chemist (til I failed chemistry in high school), then an archaeologist (they didn't have this department at the university I attended). 

I also have always wanted to be a writer, though smile  Unfortunately, I don't think I have much talent for it, but maybe it's more of a problem with fear of rejection and always second guessing myself hmm

16. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Bigger than my mom. You know, so she could have some back *nods*

17. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I wanted to be a pirate or a cowboy-- but I knew that wasn't allowed for girls, so when I was on the "Art Linkletter Show" I said "singer" (I was told to say that) and I sang "Zip-a-dee-do-dah".

18. Paradise7 profile image85
    Paradise7posted 6 years ago

I wanted to be rich and famous, of course.  A real ROCK  star...all that...