If you formed your very own political party, what would you name it?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (46 posts)
  1. JeniferD profile image61
    JeniferDposted 13 years ago

Yeah, this one's a real zinger.  I know everybody has their own ideas about the most ideal political party and it would be theirs.  My ideal party name? The Kegger Nationalist Party, or KNP!

Hey, who wouldn't like a political party that likes a good beer?

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It would have to be the  PArty Party. On the ticket in 2012 would be John Edwards and Tiger Woods.

(Liberals DO have a sense of humor.)

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i suppose a political party has to have an agenda, so my party's agenda would be to promote the welfare of animals (especially bunnies), educate the public about the benefits of Feng Shui, champion green living and push for the end of political correctness.

it would also require everyone to plant a butterfly-friendly garden and my administration would mail them the seed packets and give them a $25 check to get supplies. you can do a lot with $25...my cabinet members would all dress like Holly GoLightly or Catcher Block. i have no idea what to call it though.

3. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

PRBN
      People's Republic against Butt Nuggets

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I'd name mine the CCS - Citizens for Common Sense!

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Stoners with Boners

We're still working on our platform.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Free ganja for all!

1. ASHWINSPGA profile image58
        ASHWINSPGAposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Located at 420 Ganja Ave, of course....

2. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nationalized prostitution?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And socialized.

4. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

WSIWIG

5. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

Logic Party, we will rule with logic...

6. profile image0
    LegendaryHeroposted 13 years ago

The Realpolitik Party.

7. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

touchdown Tony's Tyrants ! smile

8. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 13 years ago

The Give Me a Break Party!

1. profile image0

Do you give out Kit Kat Bars?

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Alright! You win! If you nominate me there will be Kit-Kats all around!big_smile

9. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

The Punk Party of the New Millenium -- to serve the punk people

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Right on Maita ! I was a former punk rocker , and I still listen to my old punk CDs regularly !

10. Anolinde profile image80
    Anolindeposted 13 years ago

Noobs With Boobs (NWB party?) for women (and males who support or are members of Feminists for Life) who aren't career politicians and can lead with common sense!

11. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Ernests political party. I don't like to complicate things. smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And your slogan would be...

The Importance of Voting Ernest.

1. earnestshub profile image82
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well done! I will need a campaign writer I guess. smile

2. JWestCattle profile image62
        JWestCattleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile  That one might work.

12. profile image0
    Justine76posted 13 years ago

If I had a political party, Im not sure what I would call it but  there would be lots of food and good music! wink

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will be your campaign manager then !

13. Falsor Wing profile image60
    Falsor Wingposted 13 years ago

I'dget straight to the rhetoric. the Solitary Non-SuperNazi Party: the SNSNP.

14. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

How about the NSF? No Sky Fairies Party? smile
    or the JSNTG. Just Say No To God Party

15. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

womens' vote count.

In australia, we are 55% of the population. If we take over, we could run the country. Conservative and left. We could create our economic system to support female culture. Reduce the male wage and increase the female income..... then men really will have to make an effort!!! And stop the male romancing the media, calling legalized brothels the Daily planet, which implys that all female journalists are....

and really create real policies that mean something instead of one group of dominant males, bantering with another and really just being an embarrassment to themselves and others.

Give australian aboriginals their own land and stop buying that pathetic dribble of organisations that feed off need. That create crime and welfare systems that manufacture poverty cycles.

And you know, I think a female party could win. We would have all types of women from all beliefs and philosophical backgrounds, all working to create something that men have been unable to for centuries.

1. Anolinde profile image80
      Anolindeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I dunno ... sometimes I feel women can be really catty and lots of time all we do is tear each other down.

2. profile image0

Sexism at its best.

Are you referring to me?

1. profile image0

No. Salt.

Okay smile

3. earnestshub profile image82
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well we are off to a good start. We have some outstanding women in parliament already. smile

16. American Romance profile image60
    American Romanceposted 13 years ago

I would name the new party CFAF  citizens for american freedom,
    my platform would be to exile all liberals starting with Pelosi, force every 16 year old to 25 year old to understand how this country came to be, begin drilling oil in every spot possible to obtain it, and stop every tax and regulation against Americans, starting over with true representation of the people by the people.  wow that was fun!

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm joining this guy's party!

2. Anolinde profile image80

Count me in! smile

17. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

GED

Git Er Done

18. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 13 years ago

As the GOP acronym stands for "Grand Old Party", my LFOD group would stand for "Live Free or Die".  Party planks:

1.  Mandatory firearms training for one and all.
    2.  FAT (Firearms Awareness Testing) to be applied in each member's 18th year.
    3.  Those who pass are issued free assault rifles with 1,000 rounds of ammunition each and sidearms with 500 rounds per.
    4.  Those whose FAT scores fall below DIL (Dangerous Idiot Level) issued no firearms and required to register as DORWAYS (Dependent On Real Warrior Americans, You See).

--The above is an Excerpt from the complete LFOD party manual totalling 743,002 pages (not counting table of context, index, or illustrations)--
    lol

19. Faybe Bay profile image64
    Faybe Bayposted 13 years ago

I'd call it Faybe Bay, and put it on an Island where no one would have to vote, because I would be so nice they would just want to stay. I think it would be somewhere off the coast of Australia, and we would have a party!

1. profile image0

It already exists and its called New Zealand!

20. sandiegojoey profile image59
    sandiegojoeyposted 13 years ago

I'd form a moderate party, the party of free-thinkers, people who can think for themselves and are not pursaded my folks like Hannity and Beck, or Maddow and Olberman.  The far right and the far left would be shoved into their respective corners where they belong.  Reason, not ideology, would rule the moderate party.

21. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 13 years ago

I would call my party "SNOGAP Party" Society For The Neutralization Of Germs and Politicians.

22. profile image0
    pburgerposted 13 years ago

How about - PAP - 'Party Against Politics'?
    But the opponents might launch a PAPSMEAR campaign... smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)