Health Care- Lower Cost!!!---Not! Saw link today about Rise in Cost!

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image66
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Way to go---Health Care reform. Everyone tried to promise that cost of Health Care would go down with the Bill that passed Congress.
    Well, I know in Arkansas it will go up. Wonder how long before other States follow?
    http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/sto … mp;catid=2

1. ElenaLebedeva profile image60
      ElenaLebedevaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, you know i agree wit;h everything you saying. They don't know what they  are doing. All I want to see is those people with big buck, loose everything they owe and try to survivve in medium or low class. they won't be able do it.  all i know they should make them pay big on insurance and fee's.

1. tony0724 profile image59
        tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

?

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course health care costs will go up as they have been doing for the past fifty years or so. The hope is that some of the measures in the recently passed bill will help slow the rate of increase in costs. Some of these measures will be slow to show any effect. And perhaps more needs to be done to control costs. Maybe they will have to actually have "death panels" as critics claimed incorrectly were in the original House bill.

1. JON EWALL profile image60
        JON EWALLposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ralph

HOPE?  forget about hope, the government can't provide hope,the people need jobs now not hope.

Wake up American, every day the people lose more hope because this government is inept and corrupt.

Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's the problem with this bill...it is based on Hope to help Americans.
          I hope the Insurance companies will have compassion and reduce costs.
          I hope Hospitals will lower costs.
          I hope Doctors will lower their fees.
          I hope the government subsidies will "give me" insurance.
          I hope I can afford this.
          I hope I can trust the Government.
          I hope I will be approved for care.
          I hope........etc
          Hope is not Facts!

3. LiamBean profile image80
      LiamBeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didn't see anything in the bill that forced insurers to lower premiums or charge the insured less. The 15% profit cap only applies to "large group policies," whatever "large" means.

2. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Micheal I think this is the tip of the iceberg. All the companies will follow they really do not have a choice. There is no way to recoup what they are going to lose down the road so they have to plan ahead.
    Just my thoughts.

You are right. There is more to come. That's why I have been against the "passed Bill", but for Health Care reform.....which means "Reform the Industry and fraud, not reform the people to pay into the problems."

3. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

The way the Bill is written these insurance companies are getting ready to be Butt F*cked and they know it. They have got to get what they can now and bail out all together whenthe time comes to keep an profit.

I thing we are in agreement. From Insurance companies perspective....they have no choice in their reasoning to raise rates to make a profit
      Obama/Democrats to "sell" his plan to Americans...This Bill will make Insurance "affordable" to all Americans.

My issue with all of this is---How do you make Insurance More Affordable by raising the cost of Insurance???

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

more Obamaspeak. he also said when he campaigned he wanted to help the environment. so how does offshore drilling help the enviroment again?

4. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

When The major players in the insurance industry close their doors and we are all forced onto government insurance the cost will be lower the care will be worse and OUR TAXES WILL BE HIGHER>

Ditto!

5. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

And my husband tells me I am a reactionary big_smile

lol. "To every action there is a reaction."

2. ElenaLebedeva profile image60
      ElenaLebedevaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol my man says the samething. I guess growing up in Soviet union and going through what we went through ro have we lived some people won't be able to understand. my man says I over react. I don't want to go what i went through in my country. Plus I don't see nothing wrong showing feelings nothing wrong that means you care.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image66

He's probably right, judging by your comments.

6. tony0724 profile image59
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

And if that is not bad enough Newsbusters just had an article where they are projecting $4.00 a gallon and $150.00 a barrel and some cap and trade tax onto that and YIKES !

7. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

I cant decide if we should tar and feather the idiot or just ship him to Iraq

8. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

There is absolutely nothing in the Bill to contain costs.

As employee costs rise employers will look to layoff and move more operations offshore.

The Banks... Bank of America for example is looking to spend an additional $1 Billion outsourcing to India.  They were planning to do that long before the Health Care bill.  Now it will just escalate.

Companies will choose to pay fines if they are cheaper.  So this will just be a tax on business, that will not benefit the employee in any way.

You can't "fix" a broken system by just throwing money at it.  And that's all this bill does... it forces the average person to throw more money at the problem.

The United States already has the most expensive "health care" in the World.

Obama chose to demonize the Insurance Industry.  They operate on pretty thin margins as it is now.  Nothing in the bill controls the costs of Hospitals, Pharmaceuticals, or Medical Equipment.

Hospitals charge 1,000's per day for their crappy rooms. $6 for a Tylenol etc.

On the flip side hospitals are FORCED to treat anyone who walks through the emergency room door... legal or not and whether they can pay or not.  So those costs get passed along.  Anything in the Bill to address this cost?  No.

The real PAIN to the individual in this Bill intentionally kicks in AFTER this falls elections.

More bad news coming.

Businesses calculating the cost difference of paying the fines versus buying the insurance was in the article I linked.  Businesses can afford the fines better than an individual. Businesses have other tax deductions they can use.
      The Individual is the one who ends up the buyer of insurance even when he has a job. Business refuse to buy insurance and the government fines Both the business and the individual!!! Guess Obama has come up with a way to raise funds. Double Fines!

2. Michael Willis profile image66

Just as the mandate for individuals to buy comes into law AFTER the Obama re-election attempt.  You think that was also calculated? You betcha!

3. Ralph Deeds profile image66

Mike you have a bad habit of making, to put it politely, highly innacurate comments. It's not true that there is nothing in the bill to contain costs. It would improve our discussions if we all would confine ourselves to the facts.

9. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Sorry Mr. Deeds we disagree on politics. So do my husband and I but I still respect him and his opinions. smile

10. Michael Willis profile image66

True or False: Health Care is made more Affordable by raising the cost of Health Care Insurance?

People want facts. Obama claims HE is making Health Care More affordable. True or False? No what ifs or Could be if....Will the cost raise or not.
    Affordable = Raise Cost. Excuses don't mean much.

A simple fact---Higher cost does not equal more affordable.

11. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

So true!

12. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

You can't expect lower costs if the private insurers are kept in the loop. As I understand it, Obama tried to give the US something like a National Health system but it was blocked. National Health systems remove a huge amount of unnecessary bureaucracy.

Get sick in the UK and the only form you will have to fill in asks no more than your name, address and National Insurance number. If you don't have the number, they look it up on a computer and that is the bureaucracy finished as far as the patient is concerned.

13. Michael Willis profile image66

American business is all about profit.  That can be good and be bad. But when a person's health is based on profits...that is simply wrong.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)