Hillary Clinton - stay or nay?

1. CherylT2 profile image61
    CherylT2posted 8 years ago

I'm trying to write an article about this, so your opinion matters.

Hillary Clinton has already said she is staying in the race and will battle it out at the convention. But it appears that party elders are starting to turn against her and some have called for a vote of super delegates in June after all the states have had their primary elections.

The chances of Obama remaining in the lead with the most delegates, even after Pennsylvania, are quite high, although neither candidate is projected to have enough delegates to win the nomination in June.

The longer Clinton battles Obama for the nod at the convention, the longer McCain has to coast without any real scrutiny. Additionally, many suspect Clinton is behind the efforts to tarnish Obama politically in an attempt to win the nomination. So, if things play out the way most Democrats suspect they will, Clinton appears to be hurting Obama's chances of winning against McCain.

Is Hillary tearing the party apart? With so many crossover votes up for grabs, is she setting the Democrats up for failure in the general election by taking this battle to the convention?

Or at this point with so much damage done to Obama, does it even matter?

Should we Democrats just accept that the party will rollover and play dead in the fall? And if so, isn't this exactly what the Republicans want and why they are praying Clinton and Obama will battle it out at the convention?

I personally think Clinton should drop out. She is not electable because of the way she has mismanaged her campaign and her unsuitable character, but I want to hear from others about this.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

Think she is thinking if she just hangs in there, maybe something will happen, like an Obama scandal or something untoward. There are theories she will back McCain serupticiously, in return for the presidency in 2012. Course if she wins Penn., she will say you have to win Penn to win the Presidency. Or maybe she is bargaining for something unknown.

3. 0
    sandra rinckposted 8 years ago

ehh,  I am sick of the Clintons, Bush's, Husain's, Ladens etc. 

Maybe the miracle will be someone with a new name.  LOL.