jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

The Good Wife ........A Lame Liberal Knock-off of Boston Legal.

1. JWestCattle profile image61
    JWestCattleposted 6 years ago

So, am I alone in thinking this show is a very lame and limp knock-off of Boston Legal?  How grotesquely overt do others find the liberal politics, how pathetic do you find most of the casting, do you see it as a very biased vehicle for conveying extreme left wing liberal viewpoints?  Except for just a few of the cast, most seem to be at the butt end of a bad joke they can't even comprehend.  Have only seen two episodes, an elderly liberal friend of mine said she really really liked this new show. I want to tell her what I think, but won't, so I'm interested in what you think.

1. PrettyPanther profile image83
      PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm, haven't seen it, but now that I've read your perspective on it, I'll be checking it out.  Sounds like something I might like.  wink

JWestCattleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you like poor support casting, poor dialogue, and lame jokes then it should be a great choice.  The biggest positive for the whole show, and no doubt why many even bothered to give it a look, is that hunky guy from Sex and the City has a starring role.  Also, I kept noticing that there are a predominance of really big noses among the cast, kind of weird.

2. Ladybird33 profile image75
    Ladybird33posted 6 years ago

I agree and am now not watching it...great insight or great minds think alike smile

JWestCattleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

!!Good to hear, I thought I might be being rather judgmental.

3. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago

I haven't watched Boston Legal but I do watch Good Wife. To me it is a story of a woman moving forward from broken dreams and becoming empowered inspite of what is wrong in the world. JMHO.

working