jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Could you be President of The United States of America?

1. 0
    woolman60posted 6 years ago

Would you want to be President of the United States of America, yes/no and why?

Do you think you could handle all the negativity, hate and civil unrest that comes with the job, as we see today, from all the political parties?

Finally, what would be the first thing you would do when you have the power?

2. 69
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

I'd be interested in the job in order to bring some commonsense to the office!
    Ignore the extremist spewings and the posturing.
    Fix the budget!

3. MikeNV profile image76
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Nope.  Because I wasn't born in Kenya.

1. atomswifey profile image71
      atomswifeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

4. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 6 years ago

I am the president. Obama is my sock puppet! smile

5. JON EWALL profile image52
    JON EWALLposted 6 years ago

I doubt that i could become the PRESIDENT of the US.

I have been asked many times to be a part of local politics and to run for elected office.
    I declined for the simple reasons that I would not forgo my honesty and integrity for anyone even if that person would be very close to me.
    The oath of a elected office is more important than a political parties desire for power and personal benefit.

We the people need to rid the cancer and scum that has come to the top in our government.
    Lincoln once said '' to be silent is to be a coward''.

1. atomswifey profile image71
      atomswifeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Amen Lincoln!

6. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

10 reasons I couldn't be president:

1. I have common sense.
    2. I actually like to work - not only that, but I do work!
    3. I don't have that special "politician" haircut. Shucks.
    4. I care about other people besides myself.
    5. I don't like teleprompters, and don't need them everywhere I go.
    6. I'd rather be sailing.
    7. I don't like to make war - I like making love instead.  Lots of it. wink
    8. I like to give honest, straight forward answers when asked a question.
    9. I have a balanced budget.
    10. I value my sanity.

Nope, there's no way in Hades that I'd even remotely desire running for presidency.

7. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Not just no, but hell NO!!

8. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Hm.  There actually two questions here:  COULD I be President, and/or would I WANT to be President.

The first one is easy.  I could not.  WAY too many skeletons in my closet.  Even those I'm willing to publicize, such as being a member of a non-Christian religion...having had 6 divorces and 2 bankruptcies...having moved more than 50 times in the 49 years since graduating from high school...having been a practicing astrologer...hey.  ANY opponent could scare potential voters with that, just for starters.

The second one:  Would I WANT to be?  Um...no.  I could handle the flak, but I could NOT get myself to believe I'd make the right decision often enough to keep a balance between the good karma and the bad.  When the Commander In Chief screws up, Americans die.  I don't that responsibility, thank you.

I will add a third thought, though:  Try as I might, I don't believe for a second that I could manage to mess up any worse than some of our Presidents have done over the years!

But I still wouldn't want the job.