jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated

1. 0
    LegendaryHeroposted 6 years ago

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/us/po … oll.html?p

"Tea Party supporters are wealthier and more well-educated than the general public, and are no more or less afraid of falling into a lower socioeconomic class, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll."

1. 0
      woolman60posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good post,

1. 0
        LegendaryHeroposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. What are your thoughts on the article?

2. lovemychris profile image79
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

The last eight years were very good to the baggers. They don't want to see it go.
    But they don't realize, or care, how devastating it was to so many others. And these others showed their devastation by voting in Obama.
    Now, these tea people can't seem to let their desires go and let the resultsof the election take place.
    It's no different than civil rights, women's rights, workers rights....people on top always hate to share. They think it will take from them.
    But the funny thing is, there's plenty enough to go around. And this country used to care about that a lot more. Care about everyone having a piece of the pie.
    We now have a county where a very few have almost all the wealth,..all the good life, and the rest struggle to survive.

There is a much bigger picture going on--and one that plays itself off irrespective of gvt. Uses gvt. and is above gvt.
    But, as far as DOMESTIC policies, making things fairer, and the idea of a green economy, new green jobs...all these YOUNG people going into gvt....I will support Obama all the way.
    Because, the decades of the big oil robber barons are over.
    The times of the "good jobs at good wages" have been destroyed.
    Obviously, we need a new way to deal with what the greed has left us.
    And I see the tea-party as just another party of greed...."keep your hands off mine, I'm all that matters."
    I like Obama and his ideas, and if he is favoring poor people, it's because it is long over due!

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

you have to keep reading the article. it says most are male, over the age of 45 and basically want the country to remain the same as it was years ago.

the writers write, "are more well-educated". that doesn't even sound like proper grammar to me.

the end of the article reads: “That’s a conundrum, isn’t it?” asked Jodine White, 62, of Rocklin, Calif. “I don’t know what to say. Maybe I don’t want smaller government. I guess I want smaller government and my Social Security.” She added, “I didn’t look at it from the perspective of losing things I need. I think I’ve changed my mind.”

4. 0
    chasingcarsposted 6 years ago

They may be "well educated"-- like Bush was.  Yale has a lot to answer for; I have lost respect for it.  If they are well educated, why do they not question the constant propaganda machine spinning out daily talking points?  The successful result of a good education is the ability to think critically and to apply vigorous scientific scrutiny to our theories.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe they do know what they are saying and are deliberately misconstruing things to build up the hysteria amongst the general public.

5. EyesAndEars profile image62
    EyesAndEarsposted 6 years ago

if well-educated means following the crowd into irresponsible criminal type activity, then we have what we asked for.