The Presidents Home Country?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (85 posts)
  1. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

I do not even know what to say except WHAT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M7Rp_Ghv6k

1. profile image0
      zainulrizaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

haaaa.....nobody should be expelled from country he loves..

2. RKHenry profile image64
      RKHenryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aren't you reaching here a bit, I mean seriously, wtf?  What gets me the most, is you know your reaching. 

What of George Washington?  He fought for his "motherland." His "HOME" country.  Hell, he might even be credited for starting the whole damn French and Indian War.  What of him Arthur?  How soon one forgets the history books of the America's, when one just wishes to breed fear and hate instead.

I go extremely disappointed in your conservative parade, which was deeply lacking a historical perspective.

Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly who is reaching?

1. RKHenry profile image64

You.  I thought I wrote that already. 

And yet you cannot explain the historical perspective with forethought and intelligence. Is a dimwitted point of view a preferred method of yours? 

Disappointing Arthur.  Though quite typical and most expected.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
            Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, you're starting to sound like that mikelong kid.

TK- mind your manners.  You know you are banned in these forums.  How soon you forget your actual place.

Maybe you really are him. Everyone seems to love playing 'who are you?' around here...

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
                  Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Except for you.  You're more fond of "who am I".

2. RKHenry profile image64

????What are you talking about????  I think you are confused.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

George Washington was born at in Westmoreland County, Virginia, on February 22, 1732.
        At that time Virginia was an English colony, but he was born on the American continent. No one, before 1776 was born in the US, even though born in N. America

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There you go again, stating the facts.  wink

2. TMMason profile image60
          TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is an absurd argument. A red herring. Just like the left. You cannot equate the two. Apples and oranges.

There was no United States of America then.... there is now. And there was when O'by was born.

See the difference.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90

That's exactly what I was saying to someone who implied that GW was born in England.

1. TMMason profile image60

I don't get the logic in that argument. I will freely admit... it baffles me.

3. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you are reading into the statement what you want to hear.  I think you know as well as anybody that Michelle Obama was trying to relate to the topic from a personal stand and not the one that the birthers are looking to promote.

What is obvious is that she meant where Barak Obama ancestry hails from.  Nothing more and nothing less.

You should send this to Beck.  He may rethink his getting over the birther rantings and turn this into a real hillarious bit for us all to watch.

1. DdraigX profile image61
        DdraigXposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glenn Beck has Nazi Tourettes...

1. rhamson profile image71
          rhamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this
          1. profile image0

THAT is hilarious!  Thanks for sharing.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image74

I read into the statement that maybe Michelle needs some new speech writers.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There you go nit picking again. Although my first maternal ancestors came from England in the 1600s I still think of England in a sense as my home country as I do of Sweden from whence my paternal ancestors immigrated in the late 18th century. I'm sure that plenty of people make remarks identical to Michelle Obama's.

I am of Portugese descent.  Portugal is not my "home" country.  I am not Portugese-American. I am an American.... stop

Too bad the First lady is not proud of her "home" country.  Oh yeah she is now that her hubbies the president.

I was born in and I am proud of my HOME country The United States of America.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Chaque un a son gout. We are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I agree.  I found the video humorous not scandalous.

2. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Are you surprised?

Honestly, I am shocked.

3. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

This particular administration has told so many lies about so many things that it needs a whole new office to keep track of what lies they have told to who.
    It would be great job security right up until he is voted out of office.

4. Christene profile image61
    Christeneposted 13 years ago

His home country = where his ancestors are from.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The racists who advocated sending all negros back to Africa - a century or so ago - wanted to send ALL negros to their 'home country' - even though almost all US negros by then had been born in the US.

The birthers won't quit.

@ doug

Man you are lost. We are discussing a very real thing hear and you just spew your hate into it. Grow up.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obama's birth certificate is in the same box with Dumbya's military records.  Find the military records, find the birth certificate.  Case closed and everyone's happy.  See how bipartisan works!

2. Doug Hughes profile image60

Mason - let me draw you a picture since you don't get what I said. When it suits a racist bastard to say so, Africa is the 'home country' of a 'negro' or a 'black' or 'african-american' even when he's a natural -born American.  And it's always been comfortable for a racist to say 'Send him back to Africa.' even if the black man is from Harlem.   But let a black man or woman indicate a kinship they feel with Africa, the new racist claims it's proof the President is from Kenya.

Before you or any zealous friends wear out the 'report' button, I am not calling you racist or a bastard. I don't know your ancestry or tolerance level.  It's not guesswork to suggest some birthers are racist  and I'm pointing out the inconsistancy in the way they are jumping the remarks of the First Lady.

1. Ohma profile image59
            Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So why does she say my husbands homeland and not our homeland if her intent was to claim historical relationship to that country?

1. Christene profile image61
              Christeneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because her parents were both born in Chicago and his father was born in Kenya?

2. TLMinut profile image59
            TLMinutposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Racist bastard? For saying Africa is the home country of blacks?
            Aren't the blacks the ones who insist on being called African-Americans? Before all that started, we were all black Americans, white Americans, or just American.

3. TMMason profile image60

You know Doug.

I have learned in life that it is always the racists. Who see everything in terms of race.

He was born in Kenya. His Aunt and Grandma from there waere present at that birth, and there is a birth certificate filed with the Kenyan govt. through his home village.

Anyone can obtain the birth certificate he did. If it is not so, then why doesn't he just produce the evidence.

I don't begrude that he is an Afrfican.

I Begrude that he is not an American. And there-fore not my president

Maybe Yours.... not mine.

1. profile image0

The evidence has been produced, but apparently you refuse to accept it.

The most telling bit of evidence is a clipping in a Hawaii newspaper from a couple of days after his birth - announcing his birth in Hawaii. It doesn't identify Barak Obama by name, just the parents by name and the birth of a son - in Hawaii.

Of course it could be that the announcement to the newspaper was a fraud because the parents who were in Africa anticipated that their son would run for president some day and would need citizenship.

The birthers are beneath contempt.

Yeah I know... His grand-mother called it in after she recieved the news via telephone from Kenya. Thats why it ia a couple of days later.

Not the next day from the blotter at the hospital.

Let's be sure we have this straight. Grandma in HI called in a false birth announcement  to make sure her infant grandson would have a chance at running for president in 5 decades.

Is Marajuana already legal where you are?

2. profile image0

You probably don't realize how ridiculous you sound.  Rational people everywhere, many of whom are Republicans, are laughing at the birthers.

Actually...

I don't really care about what anyone thinks of my opinions.

What would give you that idea hun?

I thought I had made that one point clear, at least.

1. profile image0

You said it right, sweetcheeks:  your opinion, since the facts are crystal clear.

Yes.

But I tire of repeating them....

It gets old reciting them to you all.

I mean? I wouldv'e expected better comprehension and retention skills. But this is America after all and everyone passes.

2. Sab Oh profile image56

"The racists who advocated sending all negros back to Africa - a century or so ago - wanted to send ALL negros to their 'home country' - even though almost all US negros by then had been born in the US."

Like Marcus Garvey?

"And it's always been comfortable for a racist to say 'Send him back to Africa.' even if the black man is from Harlem. "

See above.

2. TMMason profile image60

Exactly like Markus Garvey.

Look at thier other hero Che and the things he said about the Negro.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image63
      TheGlassSpiderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Um. I have NEVER heard anyone use that phrase to mean that. Never.

I've heard "ancestral home," "home of my forebears," "country of my ethnic heritage," etc.

I am Irish by heritage, but Ireland is NOT my home country, the USA is. Ireland is the home of my ancestors.

These people are supposed to be intelligent enough to use language properly; if it IS the case that's that what she meant (and I am by NO means convinced that it is), then some aide ought to have warned her to use different verbiage given the current debate.

The President or his staff could end this debate quickly and easily, but they do not. That, more than anything else, makes me suspicious.

1. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess any press is good press.

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

The President of the United States has a bigger problem in the distant future, if his birth remains in question. It is fraud and prison if he is not a citizen.

6. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

Yeah thats funny ain't it. he is not an American. Have you all figured it out yet? The leftists have duped you all.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Do you and Cagsil expect anyone in this forum other than yourselves to take anything you say seriously?

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Obama's birth certificate is exactly where it should be.

With the Department of Health in the state he was born in.
    Verified by the department.

But I guess they are all part of the conspiracy to have a decent President though aren't they? lol

8. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

When I was in the Navy, we put in to Mombasa, Kenya. I was surprised at the fierce anticipation many black sailors - tough guys - had about setting foot on African soil. You might expect that since most African-Americans are generations removed from their homeland and were culturally stripped of their heritage, the feelings about Africa would be casual and incidental. You might expect that, but you would be wrong.

Why would you expect that?

9. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

I think it all comes down to a simple explanation.

Perhaps, just perhaps Michelle Obama is just as dumb as George W. Bush?

Maybe and I mean just maybe she is as simple as Dan Quayle?

OMG he is not going to say it!!!!!

Yes your dam right I am. 

I think Michelle is dumber then Ronnie Reagan!

>>>Gasps<<<

Now this I concur with.  She is no public speaker.

10. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I don't care if the man is from Mars. We have bigger problems at the moment!

Yes.

But he represents most of them. 

And I care about the Constitution.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Amen, Habee. A practical, sensible comment as usual.

11. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 … e_usa.html

Let's face it.  It doesn't matter what facts are presented, certain people will never believe that Barack Obama was born in the state of Hawaii, in the United States of America.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it's also in his autobiography written in 1995.

born in Honolulu, 1961.

but you're right, those who don't want to believe it will never believe it.

So you read his books?

Then you know he is a muslim racist America hating socailist.

Okay.

As long as we're on the same page.

1. profile image0

I read "The Audacity of Hope" (a gift from my conservative Republican fiance') and didn't see any of that.  Funny, isn't it?

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

?  I didn't see that at all. I don't read with biased eyes.

I thought his autobiography was very helpful in understanding who he is.

plus I find your remark insulting.

1. livelonger profile image87
            livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He didn't read the book. That won't stop him from saying he did, and inventing things that weren't written.

It's interesting that Obama actually WROTE the books he's published. Moosewoman hired a ghost writer to write her book - and she has a degree in journalism and should know HOW to write.

12. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Lol, I wondered how long it would take for this to come up. I heard it weeks ago. No conspiracy here...move along.

13. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

That video is only one of many proving that the Obamas' loyalties are divided between nations and religions and cultures and even races.   They're like fish out of water because they don't have a set of basic standards they adhere to;  they twist and turn with the wind and are blown in whatever direction will get their floating agenda heard.

And yes it does matter.  When an American President doesn't uphold America, and when there's so much confusion about who/what he even is, it should be addressed immediately and from all corners.  It SHOULD have been addressed before he ever took Office.  But then....of course the liberal activists would've been stopped from even putting him there in the first place.

The 'liberal activists'  didn't put Obama in office. A large majority of voting citizens did. A lot of wingnut crybabies have tried to undo the results of that election. They should be (but aren't) ashamed of trying to turn back the popular will of the people.

14. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 13 years ago

I completely disagree with this Brenda.  Why?  If you would have actually read all the posts, you'd know that what you wrote, was addressed already.  So why repeat the same verbiage again, and again?

Should it have been address?  Yes we all agree on that.  If you would have read what some of us have already written, you know that though.  You'd also know that Arthur bought up a good forethought, that maybe Michelle is stupid, and perhaps a horrible public speaker.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, IF that's true that she's a bad speaker, what does that matter?   That's used by many to excuse her words and Obama's words;  a deflective tactic that they and people who back them use to stop people from talking about it, like "move on".  Well, the subject is still relevant, and the cards may have been on the table all along, but their game is still playing.
      I dunno about you, but I'm an American citizen, and I'll still talk about it if I want to.

15. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

"Then you know he is a muslim racist America hating socailist."

THIS is the tea-bag movement, and why it's got to go.

BTW, I didn't watch the video, as all things repub are against my religion. BUT, I call Sweden my home country since I'm only 3rd generation here.....does that mean I hate America?

Ehhhhhhhh. It's you people who think you OWN it that hate it. You see, America is a melting pot...why do you think we celebrate Columbus Day and Saint Patrick's day? Because Italian and Irish hate America?
    NO! They are honoring their ancestors.....something I do ALL the time.

And they're not pilgrims from England!

man you are reaching for anything to discredit Obama, and you let Bushco whizz right by you like my kid on a snow-sled!!!

err, take off your elephant glasses.....you might actually see something.

like fer instance....how did NORAD stand down on 9/11???who was in charge?

Oh that's right....we're not discussing that....OLD NEWS. right? Only 3,000 Americans dead. move on. right?

Yeah, lets' see....how can we get Obama.....something.....anything.....MAKE IT UP.

Pathetic. Repubs are against my religion.

16. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

It is a racial thinking; must be avoided in a multi-cultural society like USA; it will create rift
    It should not be politicized .

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

17. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

Is Kenya the 58th State?

I am on the floor in hysterics.

It may be...

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90

Fifty eight? I must have missed a few.

Obama stated in an address that he had been to all 57 states in America.

Just another fruedian slip.... no biggie.

18. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I love Lewis Black, that had me laughing out loud.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)