jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Blumenthal should withdraw from the Senate race!

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago

From CNN - Cafferty File

"The New York Times has an explosive front page story today about Democratic candidate Richard Blumenthal - saying he has lied on multiple occasions about serving in Vietnam.

Blumenthal, who is the state's attorney general, never served in Vietnam. Yet on numerous occasions he has said things like: "We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam." He's also referred to: "When we returned." These are lies...."

Side Note - Both CNN & The NY Times are dissed by wingnuts as being partisan but they broke the story and are pushing it. Some hubbers consider me liberal - but I am pushing it. The Democratic Party Candidate for Senate in Connecticut does not deserve to sit in the Senate. I am a Vietnam-ERA veteran - we got just inside the 3-mile limit the night Saigon fell. That's as close as I ever wanted to get and I won't misrepresent my service. Any scumbag who DOES falsely claim combat-zone service will be barred from office by the voters and should get jail-time as a bonus.

1. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Doug I must not be feeling well because I actually agree with you. I better go lie down for a bit

2. TMMason profile image75
      TMMasonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well spoken.

Good to agree with you on something, Doug. And it could not have been a better topic.

3. KFlippin profile image60
      KFlippinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Excellent topic, and the only position to take.  He should be booted out of any office in any capacity, as much for his lies or "mispeak" as for his inabiity to even be chagrined about this with a room full of vets as his audience.  Unacceptable.

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Good for you, Doug! I saw this on MSNBC. There's another thread about it here, too.

Your pal,

Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Rose. Yes My buddy Mason posted 3 minutes before I hit 'submit'.

Funny how he and I think so much alike.

3. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Sure, you two could almost pass for twins!

4. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

To be precise, he posted 27 minutes before you. Just for the record. smile

Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

and how many seconds??? Jeezzz - It's  the first time in my life I have ever been stalked - but I do have lousy legs.  Wingnuts waiting in the wings. After I posted, my post showed a 3 minute difference from Mason's probably because there was a comment on his post  and the comment was 3 minutes old.  If you want to spin off a conspiracy theory - by all means - write a post.

5. Ralph Deeds profile image69
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

Just when Harvard's reputation is beginning to recover from Enron's Jeff Skilling and George W. Bush, along comes Blumenthal, another slippery character of which there are already enough in the Senate. Apparently he lied on several occasions and now is lieing about his lies.