jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (20 posts)

Ed Balls looks like new leader

1. Alota profile image61
    Alotaposted 7 years ago

Will Ed Balls be the new Labour leader in Britain?

2. jenblacksheep profile image84
    jenblacksheepposted 7 years ago

I think it'll be David Milliband

3. theirishobserver. profile image59
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

I think Milliband is the favourite at the minute smile

4. jenblacksheep profile image84
    jenblacksheepposted 7 years ago

There's something about Ed Balls that I just don't like. I don't think he has the right look, which seems to be very important at the moment. Milliband has that young fresh look that Cameron and Clegg have.

1. Misha profile image74
      Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Balls may be? wink

5. theirishobserver. profile image59

looks aren't everything smile

6. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 7 years ago

I am not sure of his policies, but I am uncomfortable with anybody named Balls

1. Daniel Carter profile image92
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He better have big ones if he wants to survive the British climate of politics these days....
      Just sayin'.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Unbelievable!
      I thought NOTHING made you uncomfortable, Greek One! wink

Wow, the guy's a Bilderberger-er?   Maybe he will expose the secrets of that group.  wink   But it would be nice, huh?

7. waynet profile image51
    waynetposted 7 years ago

Balls to that!

8. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 7 years ago

If you really want to know who will win, check out the attendee list for the Bilderberg Conference this year, which will be held from the 3rd to the 6th of June in Sitges, Spain.

There have been many “strange coincidences” of attendees becoming Presidents, PM’s, Finance Ministers, Foreign Ministers etc. Example, the current Finance Minister, George Osborne, is a Bilderberg group member.

The secret attendee list is usually obtained from insiders AFTER the event by journalist Jim Tucker, and published on the Internet.

My guess would be Ed Balls, as he is a long-standing Bilderberger.

9. theirishobserver. profile image59

Cameron is here in Ireland today - hes so nice - but his political partner did not come - shame lovely couple smile

1. CMHypno profile image91
      CMHypnoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You being cynical again about the happy couple, irishobserver?  Cleggy the Wonderboy is too busy back in Westminster overturning Tory election manifesto promises to go gallivanting with his inamorata!

10. CMHypno profile image91
    CMHypnoposted 7 years ago

Ed Balls is bought and paid for by the Unions, so Brenda's deity help us if he does get elected Labour party leader.  What's left of British industry will be crippled by strikes, while the brothers all go on living in la la land

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey, don't assume that I'm for big unions.
      I'm for the union concept, but like many things that get too "big", there's too much corruption.
      And don't assume that my God is for it either.

1. CMHypno profile image91
        CMHypnoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you that the idea of Unions is a good one, but in the UK they have at times wielded too much power and industry has suffered as a consequence.

I didn't say that your God was pro-unions, I said god help us in the UK if Ed Balls gets to be leader of the Labour Party. Nice to know though that he/she is your personal god and only allowed to be for things that you agree with.  I thought that if there is a God, they were there for everyone equally and was totally unbiased?

11. theirishobserver. profile image59

Yes - you know it CMhypno - Clingon and Cameraman - you just cant beat them - a match made in heaven smile

12. theirishobserver. profile image59

I took a picture of Cameron meeting IRA leader Martin Mc Guinness today in Belfast its at the bottom of my latest Hub as I dont know how to load it here smile

13. Alison Graham profile image92
    Alison Grahamposted 7 years ago

I hope Ed Balls will not get elected leader of the labour party for reasons too numerous to list here - I have just heard on the news that Diane Abbott has just thrown her hat into the ring too - what a fiasco!

14. kaizan28 profile image82
    kaizan28posted 6 years ago

It will easily be Peter Mandelson. He's not known as the prince of darkness for nothing! He'll bite the others in the neck, and parachute in. http://hubpages.com/hub/Peter-Mandelson
    There is no way the Uk will ever have a Pm called "Mr Balls" The media would love it though, and i suppose it would be a good laugh for regular headlines in the redtops

working