jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Why not Nuke the oil spill

1. DdraigX profile image75
    DdraigXposted 6 years ago

Why don't the gov do what Russia did with about 5 under sea oil spills and use a low yield nuke to close the darn thing?

Seems like we're letting the corporations run the show on this one, and we all know how well they ran the show with the economy.

1. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

NUKE, are u serious. A fire ball/.. in an oil slick. Beings the oil is coming on land. NO WAY!!

2. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah lets just complete the devastation and throw some anhilation in with it.

=O are u kidding. Thats the last thing we need to do.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Can you say Tsunami?

Thats even worse. A lot more lives will be lost. From the excess
      of water not to mention all that oil following the water. Very dangerous. They need to absorb the oil underneath it and over it.
      An environmentally safe chemical or liquid foam to absorb the oil,
      somehow.. I feel for the fish industry. All the fish are dying because of it. In my opinion.. its a shame theres a lot of blaming going on instead of great minds working together to solving it. Its getting annoying unfortunately.

3. Onusonus profile image87
    Onusonusposted 6 years ago

I heard that they considered this option but they were affraid it would turn the ocean floor into swiss cheese and we would have several oil leaks.

Much like the new liquid band-aid we have now on the market. However as soon as it hits the oil slick it suctions to the oil
      and absorbs it. Cleaning it as it follows it throw the ocean.
      There should be no color to it.

working