6 Weeks into the Oil Spill - Turns out Obama has been in Charge

1. MikeNV profile image74
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

"The American people should know that from the moment this disaster began, the federal government has been in charge of the response effort," Obama said. He was reacting to criticism that his administration had been slow to act and had left BP in charge of plugging the leak."

"I take responsibility. It is my job to make sure this thing is shut down,"

What does this say about him exactly?  Why tell us now?  Was he trying to hide or is he now trying to avoid political disaster?

Anyone know if the oil is still gushing or not? Does this mean the Tax Payer is going to foot the clean up bill now?  I know if I was BP I would be pointing the finger at Team Obama.  I mean he is saying now that he's been in charge.

Talk about a rock and a hard place.

In any case I believe Obama's failure in this case is not communicating a clear plan with the American People. I don't believe people will blame him for the spill, but they will blame him for the aftermath of not taking a clear and charted path while communicating with the public.

1. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did you actually listen to the Prez speak?

The Federal Government is in charge of overseeing BP''s efforts to plug the leak and the cleanup.  If Obama's administration feels something isn't being done that should be done, then the US tells BP to do it!  If Obama's administration feels something needs to be that isn't being done, then the US will tell BP to get it done!

Before Obama stepped in front of the camera it was stated this unusual step was being performed because of his (current) low 35% approval rating.  If his approval rating climbs tomorrow hopefully he will recognize the need to communicate with the American Public.

Obama clearly stated BP is responsible for paying the cleanup costs.

Is the oil still gushing?  That depends on what you see when you look at the pictures from the underwater cameras.  BP execs claim it's mud.  Is it mud mixed with oil?  Maybe...I think it may take a little longer to determine the truth but we don't have much more time to waste waiting.

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Yet, another thread on the exact same damn topic. Multiple threads does not mean multiple exposure and more people are going to come running.

There are less than 300 hundred people in the forum or watching the forums overall. What good could come from this thread, that already hasn't been obtained from the others opened on the very same exact topic?

I guess the old saying is really true....but since I choose not to get banned for something I say, I'll keep to myself. *hint- it is a 3-word sentence beginning in "I" and ending "L". But, I'm sure those who want to figure it out can and those who don't will not. lol

Always nice to see people pointing blame for the causing of something, themselves might be responsible for, and probably could have been avoided, had they themselves took steps(gained awareness) to ensure the protection of others. Again, a perfect example of not enough people doing enough for others and the protection of others. It continues to be a sad appearance human beings show to others.