Israel will continue to defend itself: envoy

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (64 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

The UN Security Council on Tuesday called for an impartial inquiry into the Israeli commando raid on a flotilla of aid ships for Gaza, which left nine activists dead. Israeli disagreed, saying its soldiers had been “brutally attacked” and would continue to defend themselves.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
      Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some unarmed people who were carrying aid to helpless people of Gaza brutally attacked Israeli soldiers. LMAO!!!
      Send them a dictionary and let them talk $hit.

2. erun1 profile image58
      erun1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

REPLY !! 20 CIVILIANS !!

3. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

How about the UN take a closer look at Iran and North Korea instead ?

1. TheSituation profile image63
        TheSituationposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They will send an angry letter, and once again, no one will care.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Dictionary because they might want to learn what an attack actually is.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ya but they maintain that they were not aid workers but jihadi elements..

this is what envoy says further :

“First of all any loss of life is tragic. This loss of life yesterday could have easily been avoided had the organisation that had been running it (flotilla) been a true humanitarian organisation dedicated to aid,” said Sofer about the Foundation For Human Rights And Freedoms And Humanitarian Relief (IHH or İnsani Yardım Vakfı in Turkish).

“It was not, it is not -- the IHH is a jihadist organisation with close ties to the al-Qaeda. We have and we will allow humanitarian aid to Gaza but not through violence of so-called aid organisation.”

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
        Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can already see the effects of israeli media censorship in these forums. Citizens there talk the cr@p they watch on TV.

1. premierkj profile image69
          premierkjposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Give us a break, there is nothing but Palestinian sympathy and Israeli condemnation in the news. As it happens, where do you get your information from then, the front line I suppose?

3. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

Those supposed, "activists", got what they deserved and were asking for.

Israel Should and will defend itself against any who breach thier borders.

All they, the activists, had to do was go through the proper port of entry... or stop one of the numorous times they were ordered to.

They chose to fight... and got thier asses whooped.

Too bad.

but were they activist or were they terrorist?..israel maintains they were terrorist while Foundation For Human Rights And Freedoms And Humanitarian Relief  maintains that they are activist standing against israel's blockage..

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doesnt't seem to be much difference these days between the Leftist "activists" and terrorists.   Both in the USA and those who despise Israel apparently.

((Decided to edit that, so it's clearer.))

smile..

2. livelonger profile image87
          livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, if you're going to quote Goebbels, you might as well be accurate about it.

2. barryrutherford profile image75
      barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Israel has been breaching Palestine's borders for decades. That is what this whole issue is really all about !

well issue if complex one..israel too remains under threat and its aggressive nature is what had kept it alive till date..but yesterday's incident could have been managed in better way..

3. elqalatawy profile image41
      elqalatawyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But the attack was in the international waters!! They would have been changed their destination and would not go to Gaza!!!

4. tonymac04 profile image71
    tonymac04posted 13 years ago

The attack took place in international waters against ships flying a friendly flag. That's terrorism! The Israeli blockade of the Gaza strip is itself an act of terrorism and against any concept of Human Rights
    No-one disputes Israel's right to defend herself. But she has no right to break international law or to deny the human rights of others in doing so.
    Let the UN conduct an independent inquiry and find out what really happened. If Israel is innocent, as she claims to be, then such an inquiry will surely vindicate her actions. So why does she oppose such an inquiry? A possible explanation is that she is not as innocent as she claims to be.
    In any case, the action was just plain stupid - Israel must have known what the reaction to the attack would be. Was the result worth the international opprobrium? I doubt it.

about blockage the envoy says and i quote - “I am not going to accept that the blockade is against international law. The blockade is an outcome of international law. Hamas has declared war on us, so we are at war with them.”

2. profile image0

Wow.
      And there's another example of how people who are only defending their nation or their civil rights are called "stupid" by Leftists.   Does referring to patriotic people who're just doing their job as acting "stupid" ring a bell?
      Obama sure does have a huge following of puppets.

1. tonymac04 profile image71
        tonymac04posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am no Obama (or anyone elses) puppet. And I did not refer to Israelis as "stupid" - just that particular action, which is stupid. It's not defending anyone's civil rights to attack, in international waters, ships under a friendly flag. It's stupid because it is going to bring about, unnecessarily, more condemnation of Israel, it plays into the hands of Hamas, and gives the opponents of Israel propaganda material such as they could not have gotten with all the gold in the world!  So even if you grant that the people were patriotic and doing their job, whoever planned that job did not think through all the implications. Attacking the ships of a friendly nation in international waters is very close to piracy. Once that is condoned you get into a really lawless and chaotic situation. If you allow Israel to attack ships in international waters, how can you not allow the pirates off Somalia the same right? Maybe let's call it "shortsighted" instead of "stupid" - will that help?

1. TMMason profile image60
          TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What would you have done? tony.

Let them continue on thier way? Or torpedo them? Not many options in the midst of it... board, sink, or allow to breach the Naval block.

Which would you have choose to do,.. or what would you have done different?

The fact is if those soldiers had not gained control of the situation then they would have been taken prisoner and most likely been lost in the Hamas network inside and outside Gaza. Too many Isreali soldiers have met that fate already.

But seriously. What would you have done?

hmmm

2. tonymac04 profile image71
            tonymac04posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure, to be honest. But certainly would not allow international law to be broken. There must be other ways to deal with such situations. JFK managed to deal with an infinitely more dangerous situation. There must be ways with the technology available now to deal with such incidents in a more logical and creative way. Shooting up a ship under a friendly flag, thereby alienating one of your only friends in the region, doesn't seem like a very sensible thing to do.
            And I still say, let the UN conduct an inquiry and find out what really happened there. For now we only have Israel's version of it and frankly I would think they are not exactly impartial in this.
            Believe it or not, I am actually an Isreali supporter. I don't want to see the state of Israel wiped out. But they seem to have some sort of self-destructive thing going there, because their actions just make their enemies ever stronger and with an ever more plausible case.
            It's high time the US, as the biggest bankroller of Israel,  made Israel realise the consequences of their belligerant ways and helped find a way to peace in the region which is just to all. Firing (or torpedoing) on friendly ships is not the way to go, at all.

What do think would have happened had Russia run the blockade? Or a cuban vessel? You think JFK would've let them go? Or attempted to board them?

Seems to me Israel did the right thing...

@tmmason but tony too had a point..Israel is making enemies than friends..turkey was friend of israel..

1. profile image0

Then, Turkey should've inspected and manned with proper people the ships before allowing them to head for Israel via an illegal path of entry.   It's been told on the news that Israel gave access for humanitarian aid via other routes and legal plans.
                  Why is everyone second-guessing Israel instead of the infiltrators?

@brenda Israel is trusted friend of my country..so my natural inclination is towards Israel..but m also concerned with its way which is causing international community getting irritated..

2. profile image57
              foreignpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, no, no. That is not allowed. This is very similar to those who cry "RACIST!" about Arizona's SB1070. So let's hear a better idea to control illegal immigration. Suddenly the liberals are silent,
                 So, too, with the blockade. There can be no criticism unless one offers a better alternative. The Israelis were deliberately provoked. The "peace activists" knew exactly what they were doing. They already have two more ships that will attempt the same thing in a day or two. By the way, why were the activists carrying envelopes of thousands of dollars? It isn't that expensive in Gaza.

another ship is going to gaza..how do u think israel would react?

3. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I smell something that stinks in there.
      yo know... Intrigues.
      Maybe someone wants to start a big war there, after all.

1. profile image0

Yeah.  Maybe those "activists" who beat the Israeli soldiers up with rods etc.     Seems to me they did have quite an agenda.    And yeah that was brutal.  I suppose if someone was beating you up with a stick it wouldn't hurt?   Reckin you'd just sit down and let 'em beat you up?   I don't think so.

i too saw that video..

2. Sufidreamer profile image79
        Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I bloody hope not - Getting a little too close for comfort! hmm

5. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 13 years ago

the FACT here is
    Israel killed people in international waters.

Where are the infiltrators ?
    they should have waited until the boat cross to their own waters.
    I can't understand why they have been so dumb.
    I don't buy it !

u have a point..

2. profile image0

Uhhh......Israel was only boarding the ship to inspect it.   Didn't they have that right?   Somebody correct that if it's wrong,  but my understanding is that they had the right to board the ship (all the ships)for inspection.

1. livelonger profile image87

If it were in its territorial waters, then yes.

It wasn't. The ship was 70km away from its maritime border.

2. pisean282311 profile image63

well as per international law one can inspect anything which enters one's water...but here it was not in israel's boundaries..

3. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You don't have a case
        INTERNATIONAL WATERS
        You know what that means ?
        If not, google it

And that's the whole point:
        International Waters.

6. TMMason profile image60

They ran a legal naval blockade between two warring powers... they got what they knew was coming.

Why would anyone try to run the blockade to begin with if they all know what blood thirsty savages the Israelis are.

They, the activists, wanted an international scene and they created it...

and got killed in the process?..yes they might be aware of the risk and yes they wanted international community to take notice..did they wanted to get killed?...may be they would have thought they might be arrested?

Yes I do believe they would be willing to sacrafice thier lives to make the point.

7. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years ago

There is no harm in sacrificing one member to defend the whole family.

There is no harm is sacrificing a family to save a whole village.

There is no harm in sacrificing a whole village to defend a whole country.

There is no harm in sacrificing a whole country to save the whole world.

Taking stock of the previous happenings in the middle-east, the Arabs should think twice before trying to help Palestine lands, previously owned by Israel. They should mind their own security first and then only try to save Palestinians. Israel is ready to defeat each and every opposing country... because they have no other place to go... that place is theirs.

8. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

HA! TOLD you it was like La Raza!!
    He just said it...previously owned by Israel....the place is theirs.

So all of you in Arizona, New MEXICO!!!! and Cali....start packin. The rightful owners deserve their land back.
    NOW..let's move on to the Native's, who the Puritans massacred the land away from....broke treaties.....etc.

Ahhhh, finally--we are going to make the world right! Or is Israel the only one who gets to make that claim? Cause I swear, I thought before 1947, there were Jews, Christians and Muslims all living peacefully there with a grand culture......

Then some white Europeans and Americans decided that the Arabs had to go........

Let me ask, what would you do if you were under military occupation and some Arabs from Dubai wanted your land?

9. TMMason profile image60

Cause I swear, I thought before 1947, there were Jews, Christians and Muslims all living peacefully there with a grand culture......

Your kiddin right Chrs?

Hahahahalololol......

1. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

See for yourself:

you-tube;

Palestine Pre-1947

As early as 1785, Palestine population was as following; 85% were Muslims, 11% Christians and 4% Jews. In 1850 - 80% were Muslims, 10% Christians and 7% Jews. According to the British census in 1922 - 78% of population were Muslims, 10% Christian, and 11% Jewish. (75% of Jewish population were Europeans and their offspring) The British census did not count the 50,000 Bedouin Palestinian in Negav desert. The second British census in 1931, 73 % were Muslim, 9% Christian, and Jewish population increased to 17% due to illegal immigration from Europe. In 1947 - 61% were Muslims, 8% Christians, and Jews reached 33% for the first time in the recorded history of Palestine!

The increase in Jewish population was the result of massive immigration. The share of Palestinian population (Muslims and Christians particularly) on the other hand, decreased from over 90% in 1922 to less than 70% in 1947, althought the actual number had increased in that period from 673,000 to 1,319,000. The Muslim and Christian Palestine population growth was normal and immigration played little role in the increase of their share of total population, while Jewish increase in population came mainly from illegal immigration and the colonization mission of Zionism!
      Source(s):
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#D…
      Great Britain Census of Palestine 1922 and 1931
      The Demographic Transformation of Palestine

yes the great Histirical Archive... You tube....

lolol......

Palestine became an international issue  towards the end of the First
          World War with the disintegration of the Turkish Ottoman Empire.
          Palestine was among the several former Ottoman Arab territories placed
          under the administration of Great Britain  under the Mandates System
          adopted by the League of Nations.

All the Mandated States became independent except Palestine, which was
          designated by Great Britain for  "the establishment in Palestine of a
          national home for the Jewish people".

Need I go on? Do you get it yet?

google Aliyah..It means immigration to Palestine.
          this one is very good--has an excellent chart: "aliyah: Definition from Answers.com"

1. livelonger profile image87

Yes, and?

The Jews are there to stay. The Arabs are there to stay. They can not live together.

What are you exactly proposing? Or are you just a mirror of TMMason, as others have suggested?

Stop the illegal settlements.
              Stop imprisoning Palestinian men and young boys and torturing them.
              Stop killing pregnant women in front of their kids.
              Stop blocking all aid food water medical care.
              Stop dumping radio-active waste on Palestinian land.
              Stop bulldozing down olive orchards.
              Stop stopping up wells.
              Stop bombing the hell out of the place cause you have a blood-lust for Arabs.
              Tear down that friggin wall!

That's for starters.

and then?

2. TheSituation profile image63

Bulletin...... throwing the word "illegal" in front of something you do not agree with doesn't make anyone agree with you...

Illegal War  --
                Illegal President-
                Illegal Blockade-

2. TMMason profile image60

Palistine bloddied thier own hands in slaughtering jews in WWII along with many others, but they lead the way, in the Islamic world... 

Palistine is paying thier penance for it.

Just in case you leftys don't know... this is why Israel exists in it ancient homeland. Because of Socailism and Islam gone mad and allowed to run amok throughout the Eropean continent and the midde east butchering and cooking whoever they wanted to.

Implicated in the [1920] disturbances was a political adventurer named Haj Amin al Husseini. Haj Amin, was sentenced by a British court to fifteen years hard labor. Conveniently allowed to escape by the police, he was a fugitive in Syria.

Shortly after, the British then allowed him to return to Palestine where, despite the opposition of the muslim High Council who regarded him as a hoodlum, Haj Amin was appointed by the British High Commissioner as Grand Mufti of Jerusalem for life. [P. 22]

Al-Husseini represented newly emerging proponents of militant, Palestinian Arab nationalism, a previously unknown concept. Once he was in power, he began a campaign of terror and intimidation against anyone opposed to his rule and policies. He killed Jews at every opportunity, but also eliminated Arabs who did not support his campaign of violence. Husseini was not willing to negotiate or make any kind of compromise for the sake of peace.

As a young man, al-Husseini worked with a native Jew, Abbady, who documented this comment:

Remember, Abbady, this was and will remain an Arab land. We do not mind you natives of the country, but those alien invaders, the Zionists, will be massacred to the last man. We want no progress, no prosperity. Nothing but the sword will decide the fate of this country.

In 1929, major Arab riots were instigated against the Jews of Palestine.

They began when al-Husseini falsely accused Jews of defiling and endangering local mosques, including al-Aqsa. The call went out to the Arab masses: "Izbah Al-Yahud!" — "Slaughter the Jews!" After the killing of Jews in Hebron, the Mufti disseminated photographs of slaughtered Jews with the claim that the dead were Arabs killed by Jews.

In April, 1936 six prominent Arab leaders formed the Arab Higher Committee, with the Grand Mufti Haj Amin al-Husseini as head of the organization, joining forces to protest British support of Zionist progress in Palestine. In the same month, riots broke out in Jaffa commencing a three-year period of violence and civil strife in Palestine that is known as the Arab Revolt. The Arab Higher Committee led the campaign of terrorism against Jewish and British targets.

Using the turmoil of the Arab Revolt as cover, al-Husseini consolidated his control over the Palestinian Arabs with a campaign of murder against Jews and non-compliant Arabs, the recruitment of armed militias, and the raising of funds from around the Muslim world using anti-Jewish propaganda. In 1937 the Grand Mufti expressed his solidarity with Germany, asking the Nazi Third Reich to oppose establishment of a Jewish state, stop Jewish immigration to Palestine, and provide arms to the Arab population.

Following an assassination attempt on the British Inspector-General of the Palestine Police Force and the murder by Arab extremists of Jews and moderate Arabs, the Arab Higher Committee was declared illegal by the British. The Grand Mufti lost his office of President of the Supreme muslim Council, his membership on the Waqf committee, and was forced into exile in Syria in 1937. The British deported the Arab mayor of Jerusalem along with other members of the Arab Higher Committee.

According to documentation from the Nuremberg and Eichmann trials, the Nazi Germany SS helped finance al-Husseini's efforts in the 1936-39 revolt in Palestine. Adolf Eichmann actually visited Palestine and met with al-Husseini at that time and subsequently maintained regular contact with him later in Berlin.

In 1940, al-Husseini requested the Axis powers to acknowledge the Arab right:

... to settle the question of Jewish elements in Palestine and other Arab countries in accordance with the national and racial interests of the Arabs and along the lines similar to those used to solve the Jewish question in Germany and Italy.

While in Baghdad, Syria al-Husseini aided the pro-Nazi revolt of 1941. He then spent the rest of World War II as Hitler's special guest in Berlin, advocating the extermination of Jews in radio broadcasts back to the Middle East and recruiting Balkan Muslims for infamous SS "mountain divisions" that tried to wipe out Jewish communities throughout the region.

At the Nuremberg Trials, Eichmann's deputy Dieter Wisliceny (subsequently executed as a war criminal) testified:

The Mufti was one of the initiators of the systematic extermination of European Jewry and had been a collaborator and adviser of Eichmann and Himmler in the execution of this plan. ... He was one of Eichmann's best friends and had constantly incited him to accelerate the extermination measures. I heard him say, accompanied by Eichmann, he had visited incognito the gas chamber of Auschwitz.

http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_mandat … _mufti.php

I have no pity for Palistine...

1. profile image0
              SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It seems not one person has addressed this post. Thanks for sharing it TMMason. It acutally shows where the heart of Palestine is.

Muslims seem to me to not care about their own people. Ishmael, according to the Bible, is like a wild ass. This means he cannot be used for anything. He cannot be harnessed, bridled etc. . . He will only do what he pleases.

It is easy to point fingers at Israel for stopping and boarding the flotilla. It is much harder to get at the exact truth of the matter because of propaganda. Propaganda is something else Muslims are good at.

Thats how they do it, Dent...

They ignore the FACTS... then, (and it is coming soon), they EQUATE and JUSTIFY.

Watch... any time now they will begin top sputter justifications and equate the morality of this to Christians some where or time in history.

lolllllll I am serious... it is what they do.

10. Shil1978 profile image86
    Shil1978posted 13 years ago

I see both sides of the argument here. I guess the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I did see a footage on one of the news channels (think CNN) where they showed these activists using what looked like sticks (made of wood/metal, who knows?) to beat the soldiers coming down onto the deck.

If that happened, I am not too sure why? Did some of the activists get violent and provoke the assault? On the other hand, was the Israeli operation a well-planned one and not one brought upon by events on the spot?

An impartial inquiry is in order to establish the true facts, and if Isreal is found guilty, they should be made to answer for their actions. Same goes, if the inquiry finds the other side to be at fault.

1. erun1 profile image58
      erun1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

think !! AGAIN !! RODS AGAINST WEAPONS !! WHAT IS THAT SELF DEFENSE !!

I ALSO WRITTEN ON IT AS WELL RECENTLY

11. lovemychris profile image77

Someone on my local blog asked a great question...if this is all about Israel's security, then how come they didn't build the Wall around Israel?

They built it out around the Palestinian territory...to block them in and keep them imprisoned...and isolated from their communities.

Did you know they built roads that only Jews can drive on?
    Palestinians need a pass to get on them.....proof that they belong there--work is the only reason they can use them.

Treated as criminals in their own Homeland. Treated like dirt.
    And I would geuss our money went to build those apharteid roads.

12. lovemychris profile image77

Switch places.
    Let Palestinians have what Israel has, and let Israel take the Palestinians place....

Then Israel would learn in real time what they have done to those people...their semitic brothers and sisters.
    Maybe then they could reclaim their religion.
    It would be a great learning experience...because the Palestinian God says "What profiteth a man to gain the world but lose his soul?"
    What does Jehovah say about that?

That is, if they even serve Jehovah???
    Now's the chance to prove it.

1. TheSituation profile image63

Umm, how about they stop firing rockets at Israel.

Great quote..." If the Palestinians put down there weapons there would be no conflict and if the Israelis put down their weapons there would be no Israel."

People act like Israel is not surrounded by countries who have REPEATEDLY attacked them AND who speak in the open about the desire to wipe it from the face of the earth.  But that is somehow ok.  Quit pretending like Hamas is a bunch of diplomats, their government is made up of people who have the destruction of the Israeli people and country as their primary objective

1. Sab Oh profile image57
        Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very good post.

2. TMMason profile image60

You dont' have a clue what allah says, chrs... please supply verse # with your quote.

And... that is what the Hebrew God says... chrs.

Allah is nothing but a perverted ripp-off of the hebrew God, chrs.lolll

Like I said... give the verse # for your quote, and you should read the Torat and Ingeel because that is what the Christian and Hebrew God, says.

Really chrs... I think your a lil confused.

And you do know the very real and very wide gulf of a distance as to what the way to earn the favors of each religion's God is? Because doing the things allah loves would damn a Christian. Our God does not scream frothing at the mouth, to kill all jews.

13. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years ago

Israel has every right to defend itself. It can even take preventive action, if need arises.. becuase, they have right to exist in this world.

Empty thoughts that they would be caught killed in the process are to our whims only. If they are to be killed now, they would have already been killed several centuries ago.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)