jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Obama mops up the oil crisis

1. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

Good afternoon,

Yesterday, President Obama and I met with former Senator Bob Graham and former EPA Administrator Bill Reilly who will chair the bipartisan BP Oil Spill Commission. The President has tasked the commission with conducting a full and thorough investigation of the cause of the BP oil spill.

As the President stressed in his remarks, the Administration will do everything in our power to ensure the American people never have to face another crisis like this one again:

If the laws on our books are insufficient to prevent such a spill, the laws must change. If oversight was inadequate to enforce these laws, oversight has to be reformed. If our laws were broken, leading to this death and destruction, my solemn pledge is that we will bring those responsible to justice on behalf of the victims of this catastrophe and the people of the Gulf region.

You can watch the President's remarks on the bipartisan BP Oil Spill Commission here:

2. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Obama's brilliant "solutions" are to roll back tax cuts to the oil industry.  Sounds great.  Except for every additional dollar of tax rolled back they will just pass to cost on to the consumer.  Get ready for $4 a gallon gasoline.  And everything you buy at the store will be going up as Truckers pass along the cost as well.

Obama part II.  Wants more Nuclear Power.  Perfect.  The Government has proven ineffective in regulating offshore oil.  What we need is 100's of Nuclear plants to be regulated.  We all know that Nuclear accidents never happen.

The solution:  Is to get rid of Obama and hold regulatory authorities accountable.  Add a little prison time to the regulators when they screw up and they will do a better job of making sure things are done right.

Obama's solution to everything.  Spend more money and make more goverment.

The military is the Number 1 consumer of Oil.  And last year the USA spent an additional 7.7% on the Military.  But we must protect ourselves from these gun toting cricket eating cave dwellers by invading foreign countries.  At the same time we leave our borders wide open.  That makes a lot of sense.  And $100 million dollar helicopters are the answer!

No jobs at home, but we can blow up other countries and build them schools and roads.  More common sense.

Obama also recently pledged between $30 Billion and $100 Billion to the Global Warming Agenda at the UN.  He's going to spend our money whether we like it or not.

The guy is a fraudulent assclown.

1. outdoorsguy profile image61
      outdoorsguyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Obama started to soften on Coal and a mine blows up
      Obama started to soften on Drilling and a rig blows up.
      now Obama wants to soften his stance on nuclear power.   

I hope he never wants to come eat at my house.  I dont have fire insurance LOL

1. Arthur Fontes profile image90
        Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just flying over Pennsylvania on primary day caused Specter to lose the election.  LOL