jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

America...gone with a whimper...

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago

Misha and any other Russian that has  experienced Russia's decline...what is your opinion of this opinion

from a friend...The irony of this article appearing in the English edition of Pravda (Russian on-line newspaper) defies description.  Why can a Russian newspaper print the following yet the American media can't/won't see it? Check Snopes link below.

anybody else...?

1. Randy Godwin profile image95
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did you note the disclaimer at the bottom of the second link?  Not the same Pravda newspaper as it once was.  Now a tabloid style paper, as is evident by the article itself.

SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sure...but that doesn't give me any insight to a true Russian perspective of someone who has lived through the communist rise and fall...

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

As for the USA now becoming the USSR of yesterday I was talking about this for the last several years on many venues including HP forums. As for his own brand of conspiracy theories - I don't buy them, as I don't buy any other conspiracy theories.

All what we see is a result of an average Joe and his wife attempting to live a safe and prosperous life, as he (she) understands it - without regard to consequences. smile

Until average Joe realizes it is all his fault, we are doomed...

1. Paradise7 profile image85
      Paradise7posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very interesting comment...I've always tried to settle for the staus quo, just because I never fit in very well, and it seems that's wrong, but I don't have anything better to replace it....

2. SparklingJewel profile image67

you say...joe realizing...I ask...amounts to the same as when I say..joe needs to wake up...yes?

joe needs to come out of his cozy little world and really feel what is happening, and start making some choices and new decisions on what the depth of his life really means...

I don't give up, never have never will...but the only and best answer is to get more knowledge and information, apply one's sense of being free, and stop being cozy in one's own ignorance.

this Russian perspective in the article is not totally a conspiracy theory, Misha...how the economy is and has been handled has created where we are...have you read "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin?

1. Paradise7 profile image85
        Paradise7posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I worry a lot.  I worry about my old people.  I worry about my finances.  I worry about my nation (the US).  This economic crisis has us all down, where the possibilities no longer seem infinite.  Also, I'm getting older, and feeling like I would just like a safe haven...

I'm still lintellectually a curious and responsible individual.  It's just I don't see any solutions that I can actively participate in, for the long run.

oh paradise...i could give you all kinds of human input and sympathy...genuine concern and love...but at some point it would not be enough...one's spiritual life is the only thing that can provide a lasting sense of peace and harmony amidst the turmoil of humanity's self debased nature...a nature that is not real, but only perceived as such.

Humans are spiritual beings and need to seek that divine nature...that is our true nature. the human nature can be a compreable place holder as we seek to manifest the divine in our lives...but only if we seek its highest conscience forms...and that requires having a sense of what divine is

humanity is going through a phase now...it will change...we are intended to be choosing better for ourselves and doing what needs to be done to see that we attain it...if that doesn't give you some true hope to act on...I don't know what to tell ya...but we did not create what we have now over night, so it will take longer than this day to turn it around. But if everyone does not take heart and start to turn it around, it will not.

i know i come home most evenings and lay flat on my back and feed myself joy and good thoughts and relax and do my best to uplift myself...it is a challenge, but becuase I have a goal of divinity to hold as a vision...I get through for another day

just my perspective...sorry if I went on a bit...  smile

2. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No I did not Jewel, and doubt I will any time soon, sorry. smile

As for conspiracy theories - assuming that there is some group of people that deliberately are trying to make any kind of worldwide plot for dozens of years with any degree of success does not make any sense to me, given my life experience. I just don't think people are capable of such concentrated effort.

I tend to attribute this to collective unintended consequences of collective actions intended to increase the safety and prosperity. Trade unions, labor regulations, bans on abortions, speed limits, licensing, prohibition, trade barriers, sex offender lists, income tax, natural monopolies... That kinds of things. Natural causes, you know.

And yeah, Joe needs to wake up to all of this...