jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Massachusetts - Arizona's New Best Friend?

1. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

The Massachusetts Senate passed a law last week to limit illegal immigrant access to public health care, housing and higher education. It also goes after people who hire them.

It was a compromise bill amended to the budget. The Republican version was much tougher.

But in very liberal Massachusetts it's an amazing first step.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/blogs … 08474.html

2. TMMason profile image76
    TMMasonposted 6 years ago

Yeah it is...

I like it.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

I see this morning that Idaho law enforcement will now use the immigration data base to check fingerprints when arresting people.  I expect this whole trend to expand further and further.

1. Ohma profile image81
      Ohmaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And well it should!

4. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

It is about time the States stand up for their rights.  Might as well, the fed govt bubble is gonna pop soon.  The States might as well be prepared.

5. Rafini profile image80
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

I applaud any and all states which follow the example of Arizona!  big_smilesmile

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How about if we boycott all states that do NOT follow the example?  I'd support that!

1. Rafini profile image80
        Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Me too!!   Um...how do I boycott the state in which I live?   yikes

6. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Nelle, maybe that has something to do with our (in Massachusetts) having to listen to that piece of audio (time after time, after time) by a "certain official" and a comment along the lines of (might be slightly para-phrasing here), "Technically, in Massachusetts, it isn't illegal to be illegal."   hmm

7. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Good question about how do we boycott the place we live in?
    It blows my mind that my city in California, which is broke beyond words, is spending time organizing a boycott of Arizona.
    It's not like California doesn't have any illegal immigrants.
    Oh wait -- if we crack down on them, there goes our wine industry, our produce industry, janitorial services, and a large chunk of our construction workforce.

8. Friendlyword profile image60
    Friendlywordposted 6 years ago

The federal Government is not protecting our shores or borders.  The States are force into desperate acts that may be wrong but necessary right now.