jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (23 posts)

Proud To Be A Hubber

1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

Something which we can all unite and agree on?

I am proud to write on what I consider to be the most innovative self publishing platform on the internet, a site which continuously develops and grows to offer an unbeatable user experience.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah!

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Yes, I am. smile big_smile

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Glad to hear it smile

3. Beth100 profile image82
    Beth100posted 7 years ago

Yes, me too!  big_smile big_smile

1. profile image0

Glad to hear it smile

4. watchya profile image61
    watchyaposted 7 years ago

roll

1. profile image0

lol Does this not meet with your approval?

1. watchya profile image61
        watchyaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why would I be proud of writing in a website ? Anybody can do that. We didn't have to take a difficult test to be here. And it's free !

1. Beth100 profile image82
          Beth100posted 7 years ago in reply to this

The biggest test is the goal that you set yourself and the answer is how satisfied you are with your own writing.  Sure, we didn't have to take a test, but not everyone can write a piece that moves another, captivates an audience, and brings readers back to read more.  I'm here to write, for myself and, mostly, for my audience. 

So, "why" are you writing here, on a website?

I write because I like to write. Can't care less if its good or bad by your or anybody's standards. I don't feel proud of being here. I'm here just because I happen to find HP on the net, as I found other sites were I write as well.

1. profile image0

Maybe after 335 hubs you will feel proud too wink

I'm tantrum BTW. lol

1. profile image0

Really? lol

Never would have guessed. Where is your usual account?

Sleeping

2. profile image0

Well not neccessarily proud of the personal achievement, but pride in the same sense that you can be proud to belong to a local community or proud of your country, or proud of your friends. Or proud of the football team that you support.

Hubpages is like my online 'football team' if that makes sense. I find myself noticing Squidoo writers bookmarking their lenses and I think to myself "I am glad to be part of the Hubpages community", I have taken just one look at Squidoo with its ghastly colours, poor navigation, and uninspiring community... and realised that Hubpages was my spiritual home online.

I do have another hangout, for another hobby, but 'pride' doesn't have to be an individual thing.

I'm an individualist, so I'm never proud to belong. I never belong to any place really.

1. profile image0

More of a 'mercenary' then? Hmmm... I know your type! Don't worry, you will get suckered in sooner or later wink

lol Don't think so!

5. Arthur Fontes profile image89
    Arthur Fontesposted 7 years ago

I know that many are here to make an income.  Although that would be a huge bonus, just the fact that every day I see that people from all over the world have read something that I created is a huge reward.  I am proud to be a hubber.

6. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Hear! Hear!

7. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 7 years ago

I'm apathetic, tbqh.

8. Randy Godwin profile image92
    Randy Godwinposted 7 years ago

This is the best site I've written for, so far!  It seems to be the best for earning money by using one's writing and marketing skills.  I really like the community for the most part too!

I worry it will change though, they usually do and the new HubKarma thing worries me the most so far.  I do hope it doesn't cause a lot of strife between the members here.

The way some get riled about others not following them back makes me wonder if reciprocal linking may even make it worse.  Oh well, que sera!

working