jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Why were the flags at half mast?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image83
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know why in Missouri that our flags were flown at half mast?

1. Faybe Bay profile image83
      Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Apparently the Governor issued a statement to do this from June 1 to June 6th in honor of fallen soldier from Columbia.

http://governor.mo.gov/newsroom/2010/Sp … n_D_Fingar

IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh.........., thank you.  I wasn't aware that a state Governor could order the Federal flag to be at half mast.  But now I know.  Thank you.

I was at the air show, when they flew in his body.  You would not believe the protesters there, protesting this young man's life and his duties as a soldier.  It was heartbreaking.  I felt embarrassed and extremely sad for this young soldier's family.  It was awful.  But thank you.  I live in Columbia, and noticed all the flags lowered, and I was just wondering what happened.

1. Faybe Bay profile image83
          Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't understand Americans sometimes. He died! How dare anyone protest at his homecoming.

I remember the lyrics of a song "A debt that I owe, on a bet that I lost." Well, keep betting people! These soldiers are doing what they believe is their duty. I would hate to think what our world would look like today if protesters ended World War I or World War II.

I hate war, but unfortunately it is a necessary evil. Just because I long for peace, that does not give me the right to sully the names or taint the memories of the Soldiers who Serve our Country!

Sorry, for ranting... Veterans and Soldiers... They didn't start the war, they just do their duty. It's their job! I couldn't do it, and I am pretty tough, but I couldn't lay down my life for my country, for freedom.

IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I totally agree with you.  It was awful.  I felt so awful for the family.  You know it was his choice to fight in this mess.  It was his choice to be a career soldier.  Who do these protesters think they are, you know what I mean?

2. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

My respects to both of you.  I quite agree.

working