Is it every really possible to get justice?

1. 0
    Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago

When I heard that Derrick Bird had killed himself after he had killed 12 people in Cumbria, I wondered how the families of victims or the people who surived felt when they heard.  If not immediately,  I wondered whether they felt or will feel that they have been denied justice.  They will never really know why he did it not will they get a day in court. And then I wondered whether it is ever possible to get justice or does it just come down to your own beliefs and values and what your view of justice would be faced with such a terrible crime.  What do you think?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Justice is an illusion, purported by Governments, so as to give people a calming feeling after a horrific act has befallen them or their family.

Justice in truth is revenge. Once revenge has been taken out upon those who did the horrific acts, then one can move on with life.

But, on a moral and civilized basis, revenge is never good, no matter how you dress it up.

I wrote a hub about the "Death Penalty"/"Capital Punishment" Law currently being used in America, and gave a solution for applying it morally/civilized.

It is never nice when someone loses their life at the hands of another, but to give the family closure(revenge/justice), someone else has to take the life of the person who did the acts or lock them up forever(until death).

The highest moral ground is to not take a life, regardless of what acts a person has committed, but humanity isn't that civilized, and also has a ways to go to get to that point.

Hence, my hub is the solution that puts humanity on the correct path to obtaining the highest moral ground, but over time. Many people do not understand morals, nor do they apply them to their life. There are many who believe morals are subjected to perspective views? This is wrong way thinking, because the truth is morality comes from one person's integrity for oneself.

A person with integrity will not purposely harm others. It might occur by accident or because of a lack of responsibility, but will never come from integrity.

The fact that this person - Derrick Bird took his own life and the life of 12 other people, simply shows how deranged he was. The family should still have closure because he is dead. It shouldn't matter how he died, either way, he gave up the rest of his life, when in fact, he didn't have to do so. He apparently feared someone else taking his life more than him taking himself. He had more courage to pull the trigger on himself than he did to face his crime.

Just my thoughts on your thread.