jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

roe vrs wade

1. aware profile image70
    awareposted 6 years ago

instead of religion let argue something real.who is game?

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Where would you like this to go, aware? Why don't you propose a direction so that this thread does not degenerate into a hijacked religious issue (as shades alluded to).

What's YOUR take on Roe vs Wade? Why did you ask this question? How do you feel about it? Start there.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

This belongs in politics...

3. aware profile image70
    awareposted 6 years ago

what? ... who... where?

4. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

This debate is so old it's hardly any different than religion when it comes to argumentative fun (lack of).  The points on either side will be exactly the same as they have been a million times, and will just end up at religion anyway.

Get a fresh subject and I might pipe in.  I'm bored and ready to argue.  smile

5. aware profile image70
    awareposted 6 years ago

shade very well put . nice to meet you .  i wish forum was  more diverse in subject matter .

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Every once in a while good debates happen, but usually it ends up with religion.  A bunch of holy monkeys throwing feces at a bunch of secularist monkeys and vice versa, the latest Life on Titan forum being the prime example.

6. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

hi aware

miss you my friend

yes topics could use improvement

right with ya

7. aware profile image70
    awareposted 6 years ago

cool beans  kim  i was  away for a bit glad to be back and glad you are to. hugs the dickens out of ya .

8. yoshi97 profile image89
    yoshi97posted 6 years ago

It's a free will vs. life argument, that's why it can never be properly resolved.

As human beings we reserve the right to live life as we will, but we also value every living being. How you weigh the two will determine if you fall on either side of the fence or somewhere in the middle.

In all sincerity, there is no right or wrong answer to this one. However, given the large amount of unwanted children already seeking adoption I weigh in on free will as I hate to see another child without a family - or stuck with one that never wanted one. However, I also feel anguish for those children who are never born, so I do see the other side of the coin.

As for it being a religious argument, it only becomes one when somebody comes along reciting scripture, which highly weighs in as pro-life for obvious reasons - murder is considered amoral by all religions.

Again, there is no way to absolutely resolve this one, which is why it will be forever debated.

However, US constitutionally, the bill of rights gives us all 'the right to pursue happiness' which seems to weight in on the free will side of things. Perhaps this is why abortion has remained legal in the US.

And no - I'm not saying abortions are morally right. I have a daughter I wouldn't trade for the world, and though I wasn't ready for her when I found out my wife (at the time) was pregnant, I never considered not bringing her into this world.

9. wyanjen profile image86
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

A potential life should be valued, but not at the expense of the life that is already being lived.

Many people assume with the jerk of the knee that abortion is most commonly used as a gruesome method of birth control.
    Even apart from the standard rape/incest exceptions, there are justifiable reasons for it.
    It is and should be a personal - and private - decision.