jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Opportunity From Crisis

1. leeberttea profile image60
    leebertteaposted 6 years ago

President Obama will make a speech tomorrow from the oval office comparing the oil spill to 9/11. He will undoubtedly use this occasion to push his carbon cap and trade fiasco on the American people who always seem to be willing victims to the absurd manipulation by those in power.

2. Doug Hughes profile image61
    Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago

Are you his speechwriter? If not, how do you know the content? I plan on watching the speech with an open mind and I won't pass judgement on content I have not heard.

1. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol speech write..well i agree with doug..lee first let him make speech then one can comment...

2. leeberttea profile image60
      leebertteaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The WH routinely "leaks" snippets of the President's speeches to the press. This is nothing new and we all know the President and his friends are well positioned to make billions of dollars when his energy bill with carbon trading is passed, and it will pass because this government does not care one iota for the people, what we think, what we need, or what we want.

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

There are always opportunities from a crisis, however, 90% of the time, the choices made about moving forward are one-sided and usually costs the general public more money than should.

Excuses, that's all that will be found in any speech that comes from Washington, and it will have TONS of political spin, so the truth cannot be found out.

Nothing new I guess. Same garbage, day in and day out. hmm

4. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 6 years ago

We just have to wait and see I guess big_smile