Tall People Banned in France

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (28 posts)
  1. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

French President Nicolas Sarkozy has been accused of banning tall workers from attending a factory walkabout - because they will make him look too short.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

His wife has always made him look short... celebrity/talent wise!

3. Anath profile image61
      Anathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that with all his assets being short is the least of his worries!

1. profile image0
        zampanoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As a matter of fact, the man seems to be rather hung up about his size.
        His wife is taller than himself and he wares high heels hehehe.
        And yes, the press reported the fact that people with whom he's seen in photograps are chosen among the shortest.
        But the man is not only short.
        He is mainly small.

2. tobey100 profile image61
        tobey100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

He has assets????

1. Anath profile image61

I count being one of the most powerful men in France a big asset.  Wouldn't you?

2. packerpack profile image58
    packerpackposted 13 years ago

Doesn't it sound like a gossip or a fake rumor ?

3. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

His mouth is the biggest part of him. smile

4. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 13 years ago

lol. Carla should order him some High heel shoes for men. There are quite a few companies that do them. smile

1. Anath profile image61

He already wears them:
      http://i45.tinypic.com/50phn8.jpg

5. premierkj profile image69
    premierkjposted 13 years ago

Power really destroys the mind

6. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Thats something else, maybe I should take my 5'10" self over there and look down on him talking some sense... I could even where heals and be a whopping 6'2" smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

Thanks for our freedoms smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're tall Katie, he may want people like me in the line I am only 5 1.
      what's with the height? he is already the Pres.,

7. theirishobserver. profile image61

pretty - good things come in small packages - great pic of the big heels - true story by the way smile

8. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Sounds a bit like Lord Farquaad from Shrek, doesn't it??
    Ironically, John Lithgow, the voice of the Lord, is well over 6' tall.
    Generally fabulous human, Mr. Lithgow, from what I know.

Sarkozy probably has a Napoleonic complex. Proving he has more power than stature. Very insecure indeed.

9. theirishobserver. profile image61

Daniel how are you smile Yes indeed he appears to be suffering from being vertically challenged smile

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm very groovy, thank you! (I use the word because it makes people grin...)
      I'm in very high gear, moving to new digs. Selling a home out of state and downsizing dramatically. Rather than loss I see it as opportunity, and am fine with all of it.

And how are you my friend?! Woowing the ladies, I trust!!
      wink

2. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I heard that he sued the Paris City council.

...... Something about building the footpath to close to his ass! smile

10. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

thats fine with me im only 5'5 smile seriously thats insane to ban people cuz there tall.

11. theirishobserver. profile image61

Daniel Great to hear you are doing well - I am also well - today is a busy day in Ireland - news wise - but I wont bore you with that - Good luck with everything - keep us up dated smile

12. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

LOL, I'm surprised he needed to, though. I'm 5'11" and I was taller than most of the men and all of the women I met in France. My 6'4" uncle looked like Aragorn among the hobbits.

13. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

Leaders in France are always aware that the people know how to shorten them if they fail badly enough - courtesy Madam Gillotine.

Sadly, American leaders were never made short in that way and they don't fear the consequences of the ire of the mob.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No wonder.
      The currents leaders have the mob standing right thar with 'em.

14. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

Perhaps he is a descendant of Napoleon?

15. Lady Buldari profile image59
    Lady Buldariposted 13 years ago

i just think sarcozy is becoming less and less a good leader for france if this  is true

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is the height of insecurity and low self esteem!!  big_smile big_smile big_smile

16. profile image0
    exjwlaurieposted 13 years ago

It is better to be short in "stature", than to be short in "tolerance and common sense"!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)