Contact the White House

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact 

EDIT:

Lost this part - I'll let everyone know if I receive the reply I requested to my email.

Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey!!  Where did my post go??  D@mn!! 

I posted my questions that I emailed the White House regarding:

1. . According to Roe VS Wade, nobody has the authority to tell me what I can or cannot do with my body in terms of my health - the National Prevention, Health Promotion, and Public Health Council appears to go against that ruling.  Comments?

2. Regarding the BP oil spill - Why was off-shore oil drilling allowed without a disaster plan in place prior to the start of operations?  Will you consider this as a mandatory requirement for all new off-shore oil drilling in the future?  And, include this as a mandatory requirement in order for existing off-shore oil rigs to continue operations?

3. As for illegal immigration - Are you aware of the double standard, the sense of hypocrisy involved in the idea of offering amnesty to the 12-20 million illegal immigrants when there are some immigrants who are denied citizenship for the sole reason of not having $250,000 in the bank although they're married to a legal US citizen?  I think we can safely assume illegal immigrants don't have $250,000 in the bank.  How do you intend to rectify this hypocrisy?

2. watchya profile image61
    watchyaposted 13 years ago

And then you get filed...Once again ! lol

3. watchya profile image61

Do you think your Government is stupid? They know perfectly well what they are doing.There's a purpose behind all their actions. They are no' amateurs' LOL

Your point being?

The website for the White House offers the option of 'contact us' so I did.  As an American Citizen, I have that right, I accepted it and I shared it.

1. watchya profile image61
        watchyaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My point is... it is pointless.They are filing you that's all. Making some kind of census. To see what people think.

Maybe.  I checked the option to receive a reply....

If the reply comes in the form of:  embedded in Obama's State of the Union address, a published statement, an email, some new policy, or whatever, I'll be happy just to receive some kind of reply.  Maybe the response wont come for 16 months, if it comes.  That's okay, too.  I'm patient enough to send another email.  And another.  And another.  And to contact my state representatives.  And the governor of the state in which I live.  There are many people I can contact regarding my questions - after all, I help pay their salaries. smile

And what do you think they are going to reply ?

'Oh thanks so much ! We didn't notice we made so many mistakes !We'll fix that ASAP'

lol

I don't care what they 'reply'.  The fact that my voice was heard is good enough - for now.  Wait until election day....or election year when they're campaigning and I'll be countering their assertions of being best for the job.

2. Doug Hughes profile image60
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The whole idea of participatory democracy is that you PARTICIPATE. That doesn't mean you always get things your way - it means you have a say. I write to my Congressman and Senators several times a year when a crucial vote is almost due. I don't think they personally read my input - but someone keeps a tally - and THAT he does pay attention to. I'm sure of that. I usually get a reply - always get a reply. It's a form letter, I'm sure, but it usually tells me how he's voted (or voting) and why.

The biggest problem with democracy in America is that too few people PARTICIPATE.   What Rafini did is great - that she posted the suggestion  to others that they need to do it  provides the chance her voice will be multiplied.

ty.  I was totally lost as to what to say..lol...all I know is I wanted my voice to be heard. lol

4. watchya profile image61

Good for you then, if you believe .

You're going to be on a list. Lets hope it's the 'correct' one hmm

lol  you're so silly!!   If my questions, and posting the contact link here, have the possibility of encouraging some kind of government action to resolve the issues, it'd be worth it.  It's not as if I threatened the government, or anything like that. 
      That would be completely idiotic!!  lol

I'm not saying you did. LOL!!
        All that I say is that there are lists. So you will be on one of them . It's obvious.
        When I mean the 'correct' one, I mean one that will be beneficial for you.
        This is all about listing. Updating the citizens' info. LOL

um, okay.  I don't really think I understand what you're saying unless it relates to the census....lol and of course I didn't use my real name  lol  (not sure how they can get it through the IP, but I understand they can.)

You really think they're stupid ! LOL!!
            They will know perfectly well who you are, and if you didn't give your real name ,it will look fishy.

I said I understand they can get my real name through my IP - I just don't understand how.  (and I used the name Rafini - it's my pen name. roll

Very simple. They get your IP from the header of the e-mail. There, decoded, is your IP. And then they find your adress in the Google maps.You can do it yourself. Try it with a friend's e-mail

2. Doug Hughes profile image60
            Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rafini - I don't think he knows what he's saying, either. People too lazy to  put the effort into working within the system - cumbersome as it is - never tire of discouraging others from working the system. They should be ignored.

My opinion.

If you are going to write an elected official, sign your real name. Minor groups with lunatic agendas try to overwhelm officials with spam - and the screens you have to navigate are designed to  frustrate spammers. Be your real self for greater credability.

If you have 5 issues - write 5 emails. Just my opinion - but someone ultimately has to tabulate my contact. WHAT is the issue and am I FOR or AGAINST.  It's great if you identify what caused your interest - a proposed law, a recent murder, a picture of a pelican.... I don't think it helps to write a book about it, though. Keep it direct and to the point.

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate it much.  Very helpful!! 

I hadn't even thought about it when I signed Rafini, it just comes naturally now. lol  But I"ll remember what you said for the future. smile

2. profile image0
        Precious Williamsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rafini

I agree with Doug - you are right to log your protest.  It is the same problem the world over that people will not stand up and be counted. As you say - you don't mind what they say - you want to be heard.

Good for you.

I wouldn't mail any protest to any Gov. in the world.. They can't care less what you think about their' mistakes'. They know perfectly well what those 'mistakes' stand for.
          This is all about listings.

You want to participate ? Good ! But don't think your mail is going to do any difference.

2. Rafini profile image82

ty. smile

5. watchya profile image61

If I get your IP I can find out where you live. And I'm no Gov. LOL
    when you search an IP in USA, it shows your Google Map.

1. sunforged profile image69
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no you cant

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Rafini,

Why are you even bothering with this conversation with Watchya(Tantrum)?

She is not a citizen and doesn't live in America. Therefore, her views or opinion are meaningless. Not to mention, valueless.

Just a thought.

LOL ! I love the way you're always after me ! lol
      Some problem ?

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

After you? If that's how you see it, then obviously you walk around with blinder on.

WOW! roll

So what are you doing here,telling rafini my comments are worthless ? What about yours ?

BTW, everybody knows I'm tantrum. As I said before I even wrote a hub about it.

My comments have value, because I AM a citizen. DUH! See, you walk with blinders. Have a great day.

And, as for everyone knowing Watchya is TANTRUM is even a little big for your ego. NOT everyone reads what you write. So, lying saying that everyone knows who you are proves you have nothing to say.

lol lol lol lol lol

thanks 4 the laughs ! big_smile

be civil, please.  big_smile  Is English Tantrums first language?  Perhaps she meant to say she isn't hiding the fact.  Whichever the case, it doesn't matter.  I personally feel all views are valid and my discussing with a non-citizen broadens my mind and theirs.  imho

I'm not hiding anything. and No, I'm not American. But I can give you my opinion, I think !

2. Cagsil profile image70

Nevermind. Apparently, you don't understand my position. Broadening your views???? By outsiders opinions? Good luck with that. The path leads nowhere.

Maybe you should learn from Rafini. There are a lot of things you can learn from her.

And as per usual. You should learn how to mind your own business and not demean people. But, that's all you seem to be good for.

Your actions over the last 8 months proves exactly that as truth.

So, you should be bright enough to know where you can get off.

I'm surprised by you tonight Cagsil.  Tantrum was challenging me and my contact with the White House - it had nothing to do with you....why did you feel the need to jump in and insult her?  I had no issues with what she had to say, in fact I felt her concerns (before sending the email)  but went ahead anyway since I knew my intentions were good and I wasn't threatening anyone.  I felt safe in sending the email.

Any healthy discussion without insults can broaden the mind if you want it to.  In this case, by talking with Tantrum about my email it helped calm down my own fears by assuring her I had the right to contact the President and tell him how I feel about the job he's doing.

Sometimes, Cagsil, you have to look beyond your perceptions in order to understand others.  Read the words without attaching attitude.  smile

lol   um, didn't know?

But it also helps, doesn't it?  I mean, this thread didn't get buried due to her attention, I'm stating my position probably better than in my OP, and it brought about conversation.  So, it isn't a total waste, is it?

O course not !
        I think we're having a civilised conversation here!

we were having a civilised conversation, until cagsil appeared !What a shame !

Civilized is beyond your comprehension.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)