jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (31 posts)

The Naked Commuters

1. iantoPF profile image86
    iantoPFposted 6 years ago

I work in public transport and originally from the UK so this article naturally caught my eye and my interest. But mostly my eye.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … mpany.html

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Love it!! big_smile

2. Onusonus profile image87
      Onusonusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They should be arrested for indecent exposure in public.

1. alternate poet profile image78
        alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes - and put in the stocks and horsewhipped, maybe round a few up in the night and hang them from the trees to teach them a lesson.

1. Onusonus profile image87
          Onusonusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Were not into corpral punnishment dude.

3. 0
      ericvonjedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's the stupidest thing I ever heard of.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I understand the concept, but I would prefer a different tact taken. hmm

3. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Girls are not bad! smile

Well, probably guys, too - but I am not into guys smile

4. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 6 years ago

You could call it the NudeTube! yikes

5. susanlang profile image60
    susanlangposted 6 years ago

Inatopf: I didn't click on your Link and I'm not sure I want to as what I might see may not be pleasing to my eyes.

However, after reading the other comments here...It reminded me of something my husband and I saw 3 weeks ago when we took a ride to Portland Maine. We caught a boat ride at sea and enjoyed the Islands that day...it was such a sunny and breezy afternoon. We had so much fun.

Before we got on the boat just after getting out of our car near the pier, I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing.. what shocking and insulting sight to any respectful person..I thought to my-self.

About 15 yards in front of us walking down towards our car was a group of woman NAKED from the waist UP !!

Am I living in the dark ages or what?

Where's the police I thought these woman are NUDE in the BIG city of Portland Maine-- walking down a busy sidewalk with it all hanging out!

Well, the next day I did some checking on Maine Laws and to my surprise I found out it is LEGAL for WOMAN to walk around in the BIG city of Portland Maine, NAKED from the waist up!!

Ok... next were going to have men walking around NAKED from the waist DOWN in Portland Maine!

Can you believe it?

I'm sorry if I sound old fashion but I think the law should be repealed on that one.

Anyone agree with me?

1. Misha profile image74
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely disagree, and I just leave it at that, cause it is obviously useless to discuss this topic with you smile

2. PrettyPanther profile image85
      PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't have any strong feelings one way or another, but I'm just curious.  What awful things have happened because of women walking around topless in Portland, Maine, that a law would be needed to correct?

1. susanlang profile image60
        susanlangposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Panther: how about distractions for the YOUNG MEN driving  a car ? Just a thought.

We already have more car wrecks as a result of too many people driving while talking and HOLDING a cell phone.

Do we really need to add more distractions for the drivers?

Just a thought.

1. PrettyPanther profile image85
          PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are auto accidents due to young men ogling topless women occurring frequently in Portland, Maine?  And is that actually the reason you would want to enact a new law?

3. 0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am buying a ticket to Portland Maine!

6. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

It should be illegal for some men to walk around naked from the waist up...

1. thranax profile image58
      thranaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh hey, dont hate on people who had a bad year or many bad years with there weight! You do know, at least in New York, New York if you have the law papers with you its legal for girls to go around topless (not many do though).

~thranax~

7. iantoPF profile image86
    iantoPFposted 6 years ago

Like most europeans I used to vacation in Spain. There clothes are certainly optional on the beaches. Yes, I saw some beautiful people and I also saw some where I wish they would leave their clothes on. But that is all it is, clothes. The newspaper article and it's readers mostly see it as an amusement, nothing more.
    I totally disagree with Susanlang.
    But hey! that's her bag and she's entitled to it.

iantoPF:  there's a big difference between a beach where no one drives a car..and a sidewalk in a big city right next to a busy street.

However, I respect your right to disagree with me and thank you for respecting mine. smile   Peace.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

It's also legal in Toronto for women to go topless but most (probably 99.99% or higher) do not.

Drivers should be paying attention to the road not ogling women on the sidewalk no matter what they are wearing.

1. nlowman profile image61
      nlowmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I definitely agree that we don't need any additional distractions for drivers. Imagine someone who's had a few checking to see who just texted him or her as a topless chick frolics down the sidewalk. Bad-freaking-news.

nlowman:  Your right, some DRUNK driving a car while texting and suddenly a topless chick walks by... that would be sudden death for someone.

What a sobering thought.

9. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 6 years ago

Ha-ha! How closer can one get to those apples?

10. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

I guess radical Muslims use the same logic when justifying burqa. How very convenient! lol

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think in distant future many-many years from now, people will be walking around naked if they want to and no one will be paying any attention and make a big deal of that. it' s all about our mentality and it changes already. Look at the trends, at our clothing. It becomes skimpier and skimpier.

1. Misha profile image74
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Providing hardcore religionists don't get to the power again...

11. thisisoli profile image61
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Meh, I don't care if people want to walk around naked or not, I know I wouldn't, but why should I stop other people doing it?

Men ogle women with or without clothes, I don't think it could be blamed for an increase in auto accidents, besides in areas where nudity is common nobody even bats an eyelid.

12. Ralph Deeds profile image69
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

Perhaps once everybody became accustomed to nudity in public, drivers would no longer be distracted. Currently, speaking for myself, it would be quite a distraction. I've heard public nudity is quite common in parks in Austria and Germany and even on public transportation.

Ralph:  Thank you for admitting to that.

Just think... we all walk around naked in public during spring and summer on every public sidewalk in America!

Wow.... interesting.  But when clothes are not selling 5 or 6 months out of the year, what about the job market?

I'm sure there's alot of dress makers who would go out of biz.

13. formerbronxboy profile image60
    formerbronxboyposted 6 years ago

You will never believe how many ugly people there are.

1. nlowman profile image61
      nlowmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think nakedness is required to know how many ugly people exist. Perhaps some become uglier without clothing?

working