jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (26 posts)

What would you say to your mother if she had aborted you?

1. profile image0
    Gracie Sophiaposted 7 years ago

This is a tough question. It's not meant to be a judgemental question. The purpose is to spark thinking and reflecting as well as emotion and heart-felt answers. It's not meant to blame or shame anyone who has had an abortion. Please, no political answers or stand on your soapbox answers. Just be real.

1. Abwaan profile image76
      Abwaanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think the question is some kind of riddle, is it?

2. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I non-existent entity doesn't have anything to say to anyone.  It is no more a 'loss' than any given sperm and egg lost pair through normal biological processes.

1. Valerie F profile image60
        Valerie Fposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Isn't "nonexistent entity" an oxymoron? And nonexistent isn't exactly a word that applies to a fetus. If a fetus is nonexistent, so also is the pregnancy, and so are the remains removed in an abortion procedure.

A fetus around 16 weeks gestation can experience distress and be startled just by loud noises. If a fetus could talk, I can't imagine he or she would have any good things to say about being dismembered.

1. psycheskinner profile image82

An adult person doesn't exist of a fetus is aborted, thus a non-existent entity incapable of having a point of view.

2. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't say anything because I would not have happened.

1. mrpopo profile image90
      mrpopoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's what I was thinking.

2. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks you. This question is the inverse of the philisiophical - "I think - therefore I am". In this case 'I'm not - therefore I have no opinion."

3. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

The question itself is moot. roll

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

Thank you.

5. TruthDebater profile image59
    TruthDebaterposted 7 years ago

Well, I don't know how I could say anything to her if I was aborted, but if I was aborted and could still talk to her, I would say I forgive her and thanks for not bringing me into this chaotic circus.

6. Spacey Gracey profile image74
    Spacey Graceyposted 7 years ago

Fellow Gracie - are you feeling a bit down? Your other two cheerful posts in the last half hour have been 'would you want your loved ones to pull the plug', and 'who is the greates enemy of man'. Too many head screwing questions.

And my mum wouldn't have had the chance - she was way too pregnant by the time she realised, and happily told me on my wedding day that I was the product of a forgotten contraceptive pill due to the time difference on a long haul holiday smile

7. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 7 years ago

Something is wrong with this question.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No - it is yet another question from a religious person where they are not looking for answers - they are telling you how wrong you are.

Christians apparently have no ethics - and this is acceptable to cause this much ill will. Jezus sed so.

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think any religion have ethics or logic or justice - all  religion needs is faith, BLIND faith.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
          Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not going to argue with you. big_smile

8. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 7 years ago

That would depend. There were a couple of cases when women had abortions and their babies survived. If I found out I was one such person, I would have been shocked, and especially considering that things turned out pretty well, I would have asked, "What on earth did you do that for?"

9. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

I would say, "get this damned hanger out of my head! mad"

10. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 7 years ago

N....nothing?  I can firmly say I would probably say nothing.

1. Len Cannon profile image88
      Len Cannonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Maybe "ouch"

11. Jeff Berndt profile image92
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

I don't think we'd be on speaking terms.

12. profile image0
    Gracie Sophiaposted 7 years ago

Writers, I can see that serious reflecting about serious issues makes some people uncomfortable and brings out snappy biting words. I'm a newbie but I've learned so much about many of hubbers in only a few short hours.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Here's the thing, Gracie. If you ak this question at your bible study group, you get exacty the response you want. Hubers on the forums are a diverse group, but I think the majority have already given the 'serious issues' a lot of serious thought. I have - and I've rejected the idea that life begins at conception - and I've accepted the idea womwn have authority over their own body - icluding a fertilized egg - until the egg becomes a VIABLE fetus.  We are not children here, and if you want the responses of children, return to your bible study group where your questions will not encounter the opposition of adult minds.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Gracie, the way you asked the question may seem OK to you, but it can be misunderstood because it could be seen as a loaded question.

You needed to take the heat out of it by explaining what you meant and giving your own answer in your initial post.  What's happening is that people are making an assumption about your position, based on other discussions, and responding accordingly.

1. psycheskinner profile image82

Strangely enough, Gracie is no longer with us.

13. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

LOL It's a quite weird feeling to be in agreement with Doug, even if it is partial agreement. yikes

working