jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (41 posts)

Fox Canada

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Wasn't sure where I should post this...

The zombie hoards have their sites set on Canada...

Fox Canada is set to debut. Thankfully, most Canadians are not as gullible as some Americans.

Okay...it won't be called Fox Canada but it's looking similar. We have Sun-TV here and the news you get is similar to what you get in the tabloid Sun newspapers. I don't see that changing with the change of name to Sun TV News. Fox with a different name...

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/06/18/pick … cred-cows/

1. leeberttea profile image60
      leebertteaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

... or has open minded and tolerant.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, FoxNews viewers are the very definition of open-minded and tolerant.  God bless'em.

Another American export to be proud of; ranks right up there with cigarettes and napalm.

Americans didn't invent cigarettes nor were they the first to smoke tobacco.
          http://www.cigarettes-below-cost.com/hi … ettes.html

The guy that invented Napalm also won awards for research into the chemical causes of cancer and was a member of the committee that released the report from the surgeon general linking cigarette smoke with disease and pioneered the production of vitamin K in the lab. Flaming oil, and boiling water were used as weapons as far back as the 8th century BC, Napalm was just another substance in a long line of horrific weapons which didn't have their roots in America.

And we've never introduced these products to foreign soil? 

As was clearly my point.

I'm not sure what your point was except that it wasn't factual, nor precise. Tobacco has been around for ages, long before America was a nation, napalm was invented in the 40s and was considered beneficial invention until Vietnam. Like anything else, a thing can be used for good or evil purposes, sometimes good and evil overlaps and it just becomes one's perspective that dictates whether something is a benefit or a hindrance.

2. Randy Godwin profile image94
            Randy Godwinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Native Americans were the first to grow and smoke tobacco, Lee!  Where in heck do you think tobacco came from?

What exactly do you mean by "native Americans"? Nicotine has been found in human remains in the near East and Africa and the plant itself dates back to 6000 BC!

http://www.tobacco.org/History/Tobacco_History.html

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
                Randy Godwinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"# Prehistory: Although small amounts of nicotine may be found in some Old World plants, including belladonna and Nicotiana africana, and nicotine metabolites have been found in human remains and pipes in the Near East and Africa, there is no indication of habitual tobacco use in the Ancient world, on any continent save the Americas."

From the link you gave!

You're supposed to read your sources before posting them?

Who knew? yikes

1. wyanjen profile image88
                    wyanjenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Who knew?

People who don't watch Fox news.

wink

2. nightwork4 profile image61
      nightwork4posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i'm canadian and i have no problem with "fox canada" or whatever it may be called. we now have cbc news which is a liberal bias station so what difference would a new station make. if you are foolish enough to believe and listen to most of the folks on fox in the u.s. then that is your right. here in canada we seem to have a slightly less tolerant attitude towards news chanels that promote hatred or shall i say negative propoganda so i doubt for many it will be considered anything more then a tabloid news station. as for the guy who stated we have laws against freedom of speech, i think not. i'm 46 and i've always said what i wanted to and i have never been in trouble for it.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Open-minded is not the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Fox News viewers.

And you think Americans are more tolerant than Canadians?

People that don't watch Fox news and just dismiss it are obviously less tolerant than people that do watch it. Of course Canadians are less tolerant than Americans, for now, they have laws that restrict free speech. Look what they did to Ann Coulter when she went to speak at a university there, a wonderful display of tolerance by young Canadians.

Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Of course...never in the history of the US has anyone coming from outside of the country been denied the right to speak in public.

Don't use one example of one speech being cancelled. She went on to give other speeches in Canada.

Yes but I noticed you didn't bother to address that speech in Canada is controlled by law. Very convenient of you to overlook that fact, but thanks for playing.

1. nightwork4 profile image61

speech isn't controled here. what is controled is hate-speech as it should be. why should anyone from another country be allowed to try to make others feel their hatred. i'm all for free speech but there has to be a line drawn between what is free and what is just wrong.

1. Sab Oh profile image59
              Sab Ohposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So in other words there is no free speech there. Got it.

1. Greek One profile image80
                Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

its not that there is no free speech here Sab, it's just too cold outside to hold public rallies

Well that at least makes sense!

2. nightwork4 profile image61

yup. i guess your right. that's why we have protests without anyone other then rioters getting arrested. we have pro-pot rallies without anyone getting arrested. we have natives blocking highways to make their point without any arrests. we have immigrants protesting conditions in their countries without anyone being arrested. yup no freedom of speech.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60

I do watch.  I also listen to Rush.  After I understand the wingnuts' marching orders for the day, I have a great laugh and get on with life.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LeeB darlin' - many Canadians do like to keep the far, far right out of our country as much as possbile - even though we already have some here - why invite more? - because what looks like the far, far right is not very tolerent to most Canadian views and rights.  Many Canadians view her as a bigot and racist.   Canadians  are normally viewed as politically correct, however we tend to not tolerant what can appear to be outright racist or archaic views.  protests in the Capital of our country is what you probably read about.  And then when Ann Coulter went to Alberta which is a much more conservative area of the country, there was still controversy around allowing her to speak.  Why should we allow someone to be a bigot and speak at one of our universities? I like that about Canada btw.  whether they are are from the US, from Canada or anywhere else - Canadians have little tolerance for extreme right views.   Some bring out the white supremist followers along with their talks. We're not the USA - we are Canadians - it's a different life here.  Right now we have a PM who can appear to be very, very far right and many many of us struggle with his agenda - and fortunately his agenda keeps getting trampled on as much as possible. His leadership has been on the brink of being toppled a few times - but at this time the other side doesn't seem to have its act together - so we're stuck for the time being.   If our PM had his way, women would be  barefoot and pregnant and going to church every day; he would abolish abortion; he would condemn gays and lesbians, etc. etc.  - but he'd at least let me ride my motorcycle 'cause his wife has one!   My 2 cents to add to that....just remember we are not Americans, we are Canadians.  so in this case I guess I'm not being politically correct and saying 'sure come to Canada and say what is on your mind'....and I'm ok with that.

"Canadians  are normally viewed as politically correct, however we tend to not tolerant ...

Why should we allow someone...to speak at one of our universities?

just remember we are not Americans, we are Canadians."

Yeah, I guess so...

2. profile image61
      C.J. Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

UW, if you decide you don't like FOX, could we interest you in some, nice fancy new  Undocumented Workers(UW's)? Maybe you would like some of our 100% organic disaster creators. Congrats on the 100!wink

Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think we already have some of them...

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

TK/Sab Oh?

4. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 7 years ago

Canadians had the good sense to run Anne Coulter out of town. They beleive in free speech and are quite able to express their own views when confronted with wingnuttery.

"They beleive in free speech "

Apparently not.

5. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

i welcome fox news... it will be another channel to ignore when a hockey game is playing on some other station...

just a few more months until the start of the season!

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_38xe78Detgg/SwLca1B67NI/AAAAAAAAAoQ/a9quSfhW28o/s400/sportsoct1107c.jpg

7. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

I USED to love you deeply

8. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

okay...i want to make up...present for you...your wife will love it...i made it myself...Canadian made, eh?

http://www.theblogofrecord.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Hockey-Stick-Coat-Rack1.bmp

i love christmas trees!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hey silly...it's for your Leaf's jersey...hey, soon you'll be able to bring the little one to a game....

http://www.themagazine.ca/board/style_emoticons/default/hockey.gif

not a $300 a seat I wont lol

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
            SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

...that's crazy...guess i haven't been to a game in a while...hey, there's always the grandparents to buy something for the little one....

nice seeing you again, btw!

9. MikeNV profile image71
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Yeah those Gullible Americans who actually believe in and Support the Constitution of the United States of America.

What are they thinking.

10. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

What did Canada do to deserve THAT?

11. profile image0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

free speech is an oxymoron. we need a new phrase, it costs plenty to speak one's mind no matter where one is, and especially here. just my thoughts. go fox yerself.

12. TMMason profile image71
    TMMasonposted 6 years ago

Ahhh

Another America hating thread.

There is so many of them I don't know which one to pick.

working