jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Are People Genuinely Nice or are Most People Just Selfish Human Beings

1. Shealy Healy profile image61
    Shealy Healyposted 6 years ago

I think we have to work to be self-less it does not come easy to see the right, ideas or feelings of others. We have to work even harder to understand the rights, ideas and feels of others-after we have become aware enough to actually see (within our minds eye) those aspects of others. Do you think that people genuinely good or are most people genuinely selfish?

1. justplainmad profile image60
      justplainmadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. starme77 profile image85
        starme77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. 60
      C.J. Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think "genuinely" is not the right word..."naturally" would be more fitting IMO. To answer the question, as I understand it. People in general are selfish. Its the natural order of human life.  I'm no good to you, if I don't take care of my self first. It can be twisted. For instance, "I'm more deserving" or "They have more than they need", etc....

1. Rafini profile image83
        Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

there are also those who consider taking care of the self to be the height of selfishness.

3. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i think almost all people are kind and loving and selfless. i think only a small number of them are selfish creeps because we notice them more than the nice ones, right? i meet new people every day and they are all very nice and pleasant and courteous, so i assume they are also unselfish.

and taking care of yourself is selfish only when you put yourself first before someone who depends on you like children or a pet or your job. your responsibility is to them first.

2. Sab Oh profile image59
    Sab Ohposted 6 years ago

People suck. Dogs are a million times better and more reliable.

1. starme77 profile image85
      starme77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol Nice one smile

3. Good Guy profile image93
    Good Guyposted 6 years ago

Greed and hatred in various degrees are the evil roots of mankind.  There are both the good and the bad in most of us.  Some make more effort to be good, while others couldn't care a damn. Such is the world of existence.

4. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

I believe people for the most part are genuinely kind or nice, some loose their way, but we can't judge as to why.

1. 0
      Non-offensiveUserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I try to respect everyone until they give me a reason not to.  Thats seemed to work for me so far.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I agree, most people are good and try to do the best thing.

6. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 6 years ago

I am selfish when it comes to eating sweeties, but generally good in other ways, praise be to the monkey in the sky!!

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

7. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

I like to consider myself a very nice selfish person, in a good way that is!