jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Any Charities Taking Donations For The Gulf?

1. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

I have, rather unintentionally, made a little money from one of my several oil related hubs.

Clearly I don't want to profit directly from an environmental disaster, so I was wondering whether anybody could recommend a charity which is heavily involved in the clean up. If you could suggest a decent one I will forward the cash when I recieve my next AdSense cheque...

I don't know anything about American charities, hence this thread. I am not talking a great deal of money, about $20 so far, but clearly I don't know how long this stuff will last..... I could earn a few more $20's yet...

Thanks in advance...

1. 5institutes profile image71
      5institutesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will say - good intention, Ryan - but will warn you that there are plenty of opportunistic scammers out there.  Be careful with your money and verify you're not getting taken advantage of.

2. 0

Any ideas? If not I will just give it to Greenpeace.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a few listed on my gulf oil hub. that's a very nice gesture ryan.
      they're listed in my links section.

kerry, that's a great resource hub you've written. thumbs up.

3. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 6 years ago

One of my recent hubs lists a bunch of options. Scroll down to roughly the middle of the page:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Gulf-of-Mexico- … ow-To-Help

4. 0

Cheers guys, I will check them both out and choose one.

Amazon earnings don't count though tongue

I hope that the hub doesn't earn for too long, the sooner they hit 0 page views the better really.

5. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

With 1 in 5 children under the age of 5 living below the poverty level in the United States it should be too hard to find a local organization in your community that would be willing to relieve you of your windfall.

6. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I think this little girl was television.  I can't vouch for her, but the "Audubon factor" (a BBB accredited group) suggests her project is worth mentioning here.  (There's a link to the Audubon's website for donations in any amount.)

http://www.aolartists.com/projects/help … 5958569689