jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

If 10,000 civilians of your country would have died

1. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

if 10k civilians in your country would have died in five years , due to some internal armed group challenging state , how do you think your government would have reacted?

1. fresnavee profile image60
      fresnaveeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

More than likely my country, the Untied States, would have charged them as criminals and begun a hunt for them in order to bring them to justice.

There is no excuse for murder that many people in a country like the United States where peaceful protests are protected by law.

2. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

That's pretty close actually to the Homicide rate in the United States... plus about 5,000.

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just by your statement- Man do you think before you type?

That is pretty close plus about 5000. That would make it 5000. Then that would also make it 50% and NOT anywhere close.

I mean, come on. Talk about trying to over-hype something.

If 10,000 civilians were killed because of armed conflict within the country....then that group would need be brought before the law for their crime. In the U.S. there is no such conflict, except for internal gangs killing themselves and others around them.

I would think that the government would enact undercover to handle the problem. This way not to scare the hell out of the citizens. Besides, the U.S. Military cannot be enacted against the citizens- it's a direction violation of the U.S. Constitution, Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights.

I consider this three documents- as the foundation of America- they work as ONE unit, in my discussions. They are America.

1. pisean282311 profile image59
        pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

so army wont have been used but paramilitary would have been? and what if some parties played politics on it ?