jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Ecuadorians, DEA seize drug-smuggling submarine

1. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

WASHINGTON – The Drug Enforcement Administration says it has helped seized a submarine capable of transporting tons of cocaine.

DEA officials say the diesel electric-powered submarine was constructed in a remote jungle and captured near a tributary close to the Ecuador-Colombia border. Ecuadorian authorities seized the sub before it could make its maiden voyage.

The sophisticated camouflaged vessel has a conning tower, periscope and air-conditioning system. It measured about nine-feet-high from the deck plates to the ceiling and stretched nearly a 100 feet long. The DEA says it was built for trans-oceanic drug trafficking.

One person has been taken into custody. DEA Andean Regional Director Jay Bergman says the sub's nautical and payload capacity is a serious development.

Interesting and very short article. Just making conversation.

2. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

OMG They are Slow....

The Japanese did this in Sydney Harbour during WW2...
    When the Australian Navy discovered the sub contents, they were shocked to find, sushi sandwiches, boxes of Asprins and plans to smuggle Rolf Harris back into the country inside a torpedo!

1. 0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nah !  you got that wrong mate!   Rolf Harris IS or WAS their secret weapon to demoralise and moronise the population !

1. Pearldiver profile image86
        Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I Always Wondered Why he openly sang to people:
        "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport... Tie Me Kangaroo Down!"
        We used to think he must have known the Kangeroo intimately to have been able to tie it down hmm
        But my Dad said "Nope he was more interested in handling the Joey with his digery-do-do thingy!" yikes

Fancy Using HIM as a Weapon yikes
        Looks like the Japanese were trying to get rid of him in the UK at the Glastonbury concert! yikes

1. 0
          china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No - I think it was the Ozzies who were trying to get rid of him by palming him off on the Brits - the good old US next I expect - he should fit right in if he goes for politics this time big_smile

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I got a chuckle out of it. smile

4. MikeNV profile image76
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Did anyone see any pictures?  All I read was articles... they said it was 100' long... I would like to have seen that.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/ec … 2F19541323

It aint a great picture - but it's a picture... Now who gets to auction it off, and how can I bid?

5. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I would love to have a submarine! smile My guess is a drug smuggler bidding for it would be a sitting duck for law enforcement, so the may be only two bidders.

My offer: Pull out of the auction and I'll pay ya with 14 chickens.
    That is the equivalent price of a successful boomerang lesson!
    A handsome bribe. Proof of the cost of Boomerang lessons is provided near the end of this short video. smile