jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

A Smash Hit in 57 States

1. MikeNV profile image77
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

smile

http://onevoicepolitics.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/obama-dumb-and-dumber.jpg

2. 0
    china manposted 6 years ago

Mike - you post thought provoking and sometimes fact filled stuff, whether I agree with you or not is immaterial as I enjoy the discussion.  But this kind of cheap mockery of your elected leader is somehow distasteful except to a minority I expect. 

A good cartoon that has humour and makes some kind of comment, right or wrong, is more intelligent and does not make you look appear so childishly stupid yourself.

1. Sab Oh profile image59
      Sab Ohposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But the same kind of mockery seems A-OK when directed at other parties...

3. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Oh, c'mon', China! I laughed when Bush was portrayed as Alred E. Newman and when Cheney was Darth Vader, and I'm laughing at this, too! What I don't find amusing are the really nasty portrayals of W or BO as Hitler - but this one is pretty harmless. Love the "57 states" part!

4. MikeNV profile image77
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

You're entitled to your opinion as a NON US Citizen some Satire is probably lost on you. If you were allowed the freedom to go to Movies in your Country... perhaps you are... perhaps not, you would know this is a reference to a film that actually exists.

And he is NOT my elected leader.  But if you have read my posts you should already know that.

And Bush and Chenney would fit the bill nicely as well.

1. 0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The effort of reading your long posts is often too much to bother with.

I have every freedom in my country - and in China where I am currently living.  Why I would watch dumb and dumber which from the first few minutes is clearly made for a college audience is beyond me.

And Habee, I have no idea who Alfred E Newman is, but Cheney as Darth Vader is humorous, the comparison of the guy who was the key to the Iraqi invasion and who took most of the profits, does bear some comparison to Darth Vader, the right hand man of his master.

On a serious note, your mention of people being portrayed as Hitler gives some support to my suggestion that some things are distasteful rather than amusing?

"I have every freedom in my country - and in China where I am currently living. "

That is not true x 2.

2. Sab Oh profile image59

"the guy who was the key to the Iraqi invasion and who took most of the profits"

You, of course, cannot prove either of those claims.

1. 0

and you have not provided one answer or even why you disagree.  I thought you were going to give up n the one line snide remarks and start to discuss ?

"and you have not provided one answer "

One answer to what?

1. 0

Precisely

Precisely what?

2. lovemychris profile image81
          lovemychrisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can do it with my hands tied behind my back.

5. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

China, Alfred E. Newman is the idiot poster boy for Mad Magazine. And yes, I agree that some things done in jest are distasteful: portraying Chelsea Clinton and Amy Carter as "dog" ugly, hanging Sarah Palin in effigy, making fun of Palin's special-needs son, poking fun at McCain's POW injuries, comparing the First Lady to a baboon, and as mentioned earlier, dressing Bush OR Obama as Hitler. I think politicians' kids and wives should be completely off limits. They didn't ask for the spotlight.

6. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Mike, that is one of the best and funniest posters I've seen to date.  Thank you. 

Of course a mass of SNAILs (Stupid, Neurotic and Inane Liberal) would take umbrage at this heretical picture. lol

7. MikeNV profile image77
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Yes of course... China is known for it's Human Rights.

"BEIJING – An American geologist held by Chinese state security agents who stubbed lit cigarettes on his arms was sentenced to eight years in prison Monday for gathering data on China's oil industry — a case that highlights the government's use of vague secrets laws to restrict business information."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_china_detained_american

China is so great you spend all your time on American Websites discussing just how great China is.

"As China becomes a major player in the global economy, authorities in Beijing are trying to balance the need for more information with their goal of controlling content and maintaining power. CFR Senior Fellow Elizabeth C. Economy says the Chinese government is in a state of "schizophrenia" about media policy as it "goes back and forth, testing the line, knowing they need press freedom--and the information it provides--but worried about opening the door to the type of freedoms that could lead to the regime's downfall." Although President Hu Jintao was expected to be more liberal than his predecessors, his administration has pursued a media policy that involves increased regulations as well as the arrest and prosecution of journalists."

You can keep all your Chinese Propaganda to yourself in your 1 Bed Room Government Subsidized apartment.

And you are definitely not the voice of the majority.  Dumb and Dumber was a very entertaining film.  You need to look up "humor" in the Dictionary then if your country allows it try to buy a "Sense of Humor"... but don't buy the Chinese version because it will be made of vastly inferior materials most likely laced with Cadmium or Lead.

8. Leo Starrs profile image60
    Leo Starrsposted 6 years ago

I love that song Barack The Magic Neeeeeevermind it's racist... Where Rush Limbaugh when you want him?

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was looking at your avitar (sockpuppet with sunglasses) and you remind me of someone.. Anyone else see the resemblence?

1. Leo Starrs profile image60
        Leo Starrsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

what the hell is a sockpuppet with sunglasses? It's just an avatar, it does not resemble anybody...

working