jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How Best to Spend $52 Billion Dollars

1. MikeNV profile image74
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

That's a Billion a week.

How should we spend it.

A. In America on Americans

B. In Afghanistan

That's a Real number.  $4 Billion a month to fund the war machine and an additional $4 Billion for Civilian Infrastructure (Building roads and schools, etc. for the Afghan people).

When you answer... please state what you think it is we will "Win" when and if this war ever ends. You really have to ask yourself what we will "Win".

And do you think that this is Vietnam part 2?

Note:  I find it fascinating that I can go to Google and look at a Satellite image of my neighborhood and see distinctively the neighbors car well enough to tell the model! I've read that Government Satellites image well enough to read the little red "levis" tag on the back of a pair of jeans.  With so little vegetation... do you really think we can't "See" what is going on 24/7?

1. Nando's profile image77
      Nando'sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thats scary, that you can read the tag on my jean.

If you want to give money away, give it to people that needs it, that will use it wisely, that will think of tomorrow and not now, that will invest in building up their home land and feeding their people "forever". Or invest that money in planting more trees, building breeding facilities for fish, "the fish is becoming extinct" Invest in saving our planet from destruction.

Why do people even start war in the first place? We are not living in the middievel ages anymore. There is enough for everyone, people can fight over stupid things and money, why don't they give everything they own away to people who will appreciate it, and go live in the "bush" and come back work for they stuff again, and appreciate what they have, enjoying life, loving life.
      Imagine what life will be like then. Peace, what a beautiful word.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image82
    Evan G Rogersposted 6 years ago

I think a better way to spend it would be to take the money, build a giant catapult, and buy two really big stones, and then use them to crush the federal reserve and the treasury.

Then we would reduce taxes for everyone -- i'm talking like 0% taxes.

Then all the politicians would realize that we know how to spend out money better than they do. the government would shrivel up to "wow, we really only needed this much government! who'da thunk it!" sizes

And then people could choose how to spend their money.

3. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

Option C.

Give the money lovingly to the neighboring country to the north of you, so that it can build a stable society...  thereby ensuring a tranquil political situation in that part of the continent, void of any possible terrorist danger

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pay for a new invention, that can greatly improve our world and only needs money to fund it's production. I am sure we already have such inventions, just no money to spend on them.