World Hunger and Poverty

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (117 posts)
  1. yvens profile image60
    yvensposted 13 years ago

What can we do as an individual to try and stop or at least minimize World Hunger and Poverty?

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

feed the guy next to you...

1. tobey100 profile image60
        tobey100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

At the individual level Misha's got it pegged.  help those nearest you and hope it spreads.  Misha should know.  wink

1. Misha profile image63

LOL Sure i do Tobey big_smile

2. yvens profile image60
        yvensposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you but how do we promote it and most important, get the World Leaders involved?

1. Misha profile image63

We don't. It does not work that way.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why try to make other people act when you can do it yourself?

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a hub on solving poverty. Doing away with poverty is a process, for which, would also do away with world hunger problems as well. smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/poverty-solution-revealed

3. KimberlyLake profile image85
      KimberlyLakeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You find a charity that actually does donate the money they receive I have heard Oprah's charity donates 100 percent received and not only give towards food efforts, but education also, last heard a child in Africa can be supported for school  at about 100 dollars a year. Education, clean water, food supplies. And don't forget your community there are churches and community food banks that would love to accept volunteers, good healthy food and household supplies to distribute to your community. I often carry food in my car to distribute to homeless peanut butter crackers Canned foods and water this time of year too.

4. Aya Katz profile image83
      Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As individuals, we can offer our neighbors a part-time job, when we can afford it, and they could really use the work. We can also vote to eliminate the minimum wage, if there is such a thing in our own country, because sometimes we can afford to pay a little for someone to help us with work around our house or on our farm, but if we are not rich ourselves, we can't pay a lot.

We can also vote to repeal social security taxes, if there are such things in our country, because social security taxes are a regressive tax that penalizes the poor and lets people above a certain income off the hook. (I'm basing this on the American tax system, but I imagine similar things happen elsewhere.)

We can, as individuals, campaign to repeal any laws that require people to purchase insurance (car insurance, medical insurance, any kind), because such laws are particularly hard on people who don't make much money. Without a car, in many places, it is hard to get a job. The most expensive part of car ownership, for the poor, is the insurance.

We need to realize that when they are in need, people are happy to work for low wages, and we should not deprive them of the opportunity to do so by making it impossible for them to be hired because the wages that others can afford to pay them are considered too low.

Most of all we should realize that the best way to help a hungry child is to respect that child's parents and their ability to provide for their own.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
        Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow! You really know how to help the poor. Your spirit of  generosity and selflessness is amazing. And it appears to be based on the bedrock of the philosophy of Ayn Rand, one of the great ethical thinkers of the 20th century. Or perhaps the social Darwinism of Herbert Spencer, the great 19th century philosopher.

1. Aya Katz profile image83

Ralph, are you against offering our neighbors a part time job? Are you in favor of a regressive tax against the poor? Do you really think that somebody who can barely afford a car should be saddled with mandatory insurance?

No, of course I'm not opposed to offering a neighbor a part-time job. However, I'm also in favor of Unemployment Compensation which is necessary in industrial urban societies to assist people who are involuntarily unemployed and to provide a counter-cyclical boost to the economy in a recession.

If you are asking if I'm in favor of Social Security tax the answer is yes. The effect of the tax when retirement benefits are taken into account is not regressive. However, the best way to make the tax fairer to all would be to eliminate or greatly increase the $100,000/year income maximum subject to the tax. What is fair about a tax of 12% for someone who is self-employed making $100k or less compared to a tax of 1.2 percent for someone making $1 million/year. That's what's regressive about the SS tax. And the requirement of having a minimum level of insurance on one's car is reasonable because it provides protection for all parties involved in accidents. As is the requirement for health care insurance this benefits the community, which is of little or no concern to you in your preoccupation with your own individual freedom.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66

BTW, how do you feel about the $4-5 billion per year we send to Israel? Certainly the largest amount to any country and possibly larger than all the rest of our foreign assistance combined.

5. livelonger profile image87
      livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Disincentivize corruption and incentivize education.

All incentives are a form of corruption. People don't need an incentive to do what is right for them and their family and their neighbors.

1. livelonger profile image87

That's a real stretch of the definition of "corruption." Corruption means doing something illegal for self-benefit. How can legal incentives (like tax breaks on giving to charities, for example) be considered corrupt?

Besides, people will steal from starving people for what's good for them and their families. Dictators do it all the time.

1. Misha profile image63

Yeah, people are evil by nature. Except for progressives of course wink

Naturally. smile

2. Aya Katz profile image83

Look, just because something has been made into "law" does not legitimize it. If a law says "take from the poor and give to the rich" that does not make it right. If a law says "take from the rich and give to the poor", that also is not right. All forms of redistribution are wrong, for the same reason that stealing is wrong.

And for the record, I don't think stealing is wrong because it's illegal. It's wrong because it's immoral. And it's immoral, because it destroys lives.

The definition of "corruption" is clear. You may choose to redefine it to suit your particular ethos, which apparently is a pretty rare one (most people would not classify welfare or progressive tax schemes as illegitimate or immoral), but I don't see any reason to agree to it.

Livelonger, you certainly don't have to agree, but I think my ethics are not as rare as you would like to believe. The political division in the US at present, which is polarizing the nation, is between people who think as you do and those who think as I do on this issue.

That is just one of very many divisions in this country.

There are many divisions, but this is the one that people will act on, because it affects their very survival!

6. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All governing bodies provide -free of charge- the three basic human needs for life: healthy food, clean water, adequate housing. This would reduce the stress of people for money and give them a stable lifestyle to begin with, since these items come from the planet itself.

To rid the planet of poverty, rebuild the trade industry and barter system instead of metal/coin or paper currency systems.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
        Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you really think that is practical or likely?

1. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

practical, yes. likely, more than yes.
          although many of the suggestions are sweet, they are just more icing on a very dry, stale cake.

Throwing money at the problem doesn't solve it.
          Putting people to work only thins out the money, coming back to the same basic problem, affordability of food, housing, clothing. Those people now have to fight with others for more time to earn more, which is a fancy form of cock fighting/slave war.

Really? Upending the entire world economy for a 'barter' system is practical and likely? Really? The entire world will abandon all currency? Really?

I think perhaps you are not being very realistic if you are serious.

7. omi saide profile image61
      omi saideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And ole man selling scented oils once ask me, "How do you help the poor?". i went on telling him some of the charitable things I try to do. He told,"ah,no-the best way to help the poor is not to become one of them. Learn to save ya money". I looked at that ole man puzzled, but I wish I would have took his advice.LOL

8. dipbd profile image59
      dipbdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As an individual it is quite difficult to reduce hunger or poverty. Staying in your country u cant properly realize what is the actual condition of worl's hunger and poverty, specially in the third world. The best you can do is to visit a thirld world country and after going ur own country try to create/search a group who are interested to work for reducing poverty and hunger and help them with your level best.

2. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

WORLD hunger and poverty?  INDIVIDUALLY?  Not a thing.  It might make one feel better as an individual but as far as the world goes, doesn't scratch the surface.

1. yvens profile image60
      yvensposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is the problem why wouldn'd it scratch the surface?
      Look at how far we came and acomplished!

2. psycheskinner profile image84

All acts are individual.  But if all people did them the effect would be huge.

I bet there is a foodbank near you, and hungry children.

1. Misha profile image63

Your post is rude and condescending, and targeted at the person who does much more in the area of helping others than just giving money that supposedly feed one child...

3. omi saide profile image61

not one bit.

3. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

I have to agree with Misha. As long as we are helping our starving neighbor, world will be taken care of! Leaders, they just spend money on themselves, they do not feed anybody, they just pretend they do. It's their job to pretend, they are good at it! So, first you have to feed yourself. Then, help your neighbor to do the same. That's it, very simple.

4. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

Also, there are plenty of charities where you can sponsor a child's education in countries where there is extreme poverty, help them learn some vocational skill that could benefit them in the long run...

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Myownworld, do you really believe that if you clean one spot in a living room, your apartment will be clean? You cannot help people in a poor country by giving your money to some charity. You just fill somebody's pockets, that's all. Only on a government level we can help another country. It requires a lot of money and careful politics. If you just send some money or things to a poor country, people who can get hands on that, will steal it and sell it for profit, giving some pittance to some poor people. That's what was happening in my old country, when some charities  sent  money and stuff. Do you think that people who really needed, got it? Oh, NO! And if you teach somebody in a poor country, he will get his education, and when he is grown up, - he will abandon his country and go to US or Canada for a better life. And you, shmucks, just rot in your  poverty back in you old country.

"You cannot help people in a poor country by giving your money to some charity. You just fill somebody's pockets, that's all. Only on a government level we can help "

Oh, brother... roll

1. profile image0

Sab Oh,  I understand,
          goverment is "helping", when they need to bomb some poor country, send troops to die there needlessly, I know, but may be in future things will be different and goverment will "learn" to really help other countries who need help.

1. Misha profile image63

I am afraid chances of that happening are quite slim, if any at all...

2. myownworld profile image73
        myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I understand what you mean, but I never said that this was the 'ultimate' solution to world poverty, just following the above conversation and merely suggesting it as one  of the things we can do in our capacity as individuals.

And though I realize in some cases it's hard for our money to actually reach some of these people, yet there ARE many charities one can trust too. I myself have been working for one such in south asia, where I know the money i give does actually better someone's life... I personally follow up on some of these children's lives... hard work, I know, but if one gets personally involved, then there is hope.... smile

ONLY then is there hope. That's why laying back helplessly and expecting 'government' to solve anything (no matter how much they steal from you to do it) is doomed to failure.

1. myownworld profile image73

yes, I know... and there in no shortage of ways to reach out, if we try looking for them. In fact, if only one had endless hands, and resources and time...... yet, even little 'drops' make a difference I feel...  smile

Those little drops are the real key.

smile smiling here... a line suddenly came to my mind that I know you'll like...

"We are all of us lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

1. Polly C profile image90
                  Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a lovely quote. It reminds of a story I once read, about the difference between a rich child and a poor child - it was a lesson in perspective (and about looking at stars) smile

3. Polly C profile image90

Actually, I think these charities are better in many ways as they are generally run by international volunteers who are proactive within the country  - you can sponsor a child, but the money generated is used for the village as a whole, to provide educational facilities, wells for clean water etc, and yes, you can keep in contact with the child. it is all done through the charity, I think.

Personally I would trust many of these charities more than the governments of some of those countries - it is often the governments that are corrupt and so do not make good use of the financial aid. Governments handing money over to other governments often just doesn't work.

exactly, one just needs to find a charity one can trust.... and there are plenty one can. smile

2. Cagsil profile image70

Hey Polly, about the Charity organizations who "claim" to help others, but waste more time and money on expenses than actually putting more money to work harder and smarter than actually is happening. That would be one of the bigger problems with them.

Just a thought.

No organization wastes more time and money than government.

1. Cagsil profile image70

That's debatable. lol lol

2. Polly C profile image90

Yes, that is very true..

2. Polly C profile image90

There are plenty of organisations and volunteers who only want to better the lives of others  -I have heard of plenty of success stories where life has been improved, and people have bene given opportunities that they didn't have before. Even if things are not perfect, and only some have been helped, then that is surely better than nothing, it is steps in the right direction. And usually improvements happen through small, gradual changes.

And, how many times does the same organization end up going back to the same place to help the same people? Too many times, so who are they really helping?

It's a sad day when people really think that charities or the such are actually helping(the services provided are not a solution but a temporary aid and not real help).

I don't get what you mean - how is clean water and schooling only a temporary solution? Clean water saves lives, and schooling gives children knowledge and at least a chance out of poverty..

What would your solution be?

That's wasn't the point I was making and I can see why you are saying what you are. Those which you speak of, such as clean water is a good thing, but schools are not always permanent, however a step in the right direction.

The topic here is about World Hunger as well and there is no just providing food as a method of helping that would be permanent, because it is only a temporary fix.

And, NOT ALL charities provide resources for clean water and schools, which also falls under the point I am making.

It's a case of finding a reputable charity, I guess, I know of a few.

You're quite right, simply sending food will never be a solution, the only way would be to provide facilties and funding so that people in areas suffering from poverty can become self sufficient and feed themselves. Though I know that is not as simple as it sounds...

4. psycheskinner profile image84

Rubbish.  My money produces one less hungry child.  That may not seem a lot to you.  But it is a lot to the child.  Why not join me?

1. profile image0

How do you know that?
          Did you personally ask that child? 
          May be they just gave him a toy,  put a clean shirt on him, made a snap to send to you as a "proof", then stripped him from his clothes and toys and sent him to the gutter again. I saw that happening too, sorry.
          At least goverment has power, power to change for better or for worse.
          I agree that most of the times unfortunately for worse. That's what they did in my old country, and still doing it.

Hey HomeGirl, I think you think too highly of the power of government, simply because greed in politics is too overwhelming, for government to be an effective or efficient force. Most are not trusted and for good reason. hmm

Just a thought. smile

2. Misha profile image63

Another rude post...

2. omi saide profile image61

charities is a rip off for the most part.

5. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

We support a child in a 3rd world country.
    So far they have done amazing things with the money. The whole village is better off, with a brand new well full of clean water among other things the people have done for themselves with the money they get. smile
    We get regular updates.

6. mythbuster profile image70
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

I don't have any materials to give to people who are impoverished as I am poor myself...

But I study on the topics of oppression and poverty, then talk to people about what I find out. Mostly I am aware of local poverty issues but many of the same components (oppression, scarcity of resources, man-made scarcity of resources) are involved in both local poverty and global poverty issues...so I try to talk with people in small groups or one-on-one and mostly, I ASK them to tell me WHY they believe certain things about poverty...

Often, as people are explaining things TO ME, they hear inconsistencies in their own words and beliefs about poor people, poverty, charities, related topics...Often, I just support people and tell them it is OKAY to have made some mistakes in thinking (people who figure out the inconsistencies are often VERY guilt-ridden and upset with themselves), but that it's awesome to get on the right track - and THAT is what counts.

I have little to give...but I take time to talk with anyone who wishes to talk about poverty.

If the government took less from you, you might have more to give.

7. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

get rid of socialism to get rid of poverty.

I agree getting rid of socialism in Cuba would alleviate poverty in Cuba. Cuba is one of the few remaining socialist countries left in the world.

8. liljen23 profile image76
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

Donate to community programs and foundations..

9. Aya Katz profile image83
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

Livelonger, BTW, these people do not consider themselves poor, and neither do I. Poverty is in the eye of the beholder. I consider them self-sufficient, enterprising and gutsy!

I do too! And I assume they are not stupid. Stupid would be turning down health care at a highly subsidized rate. Turning it down for your children would be criminally negligent.

Wow! That sounds very threatening.

To whom? Toward their own children? Yes, I suppose it would be.

To tell anyone that unless they buy X (some commercially available product) then they are criminally negligent is threatening to all people who don't want to buy X.

In a free country, it is not a crime to choose not to buy a product. In a police state, almost everything is criminal.

2. omi saide profile image61

These people are not poor according to certain standards. We preceive them to be compared to our standards of living. If corruption is minimized in their government/military, they are allowed to grow their own food without western intervention(genetically modified crops), and their resources are not being corporatized by outside agents, and their youth return to help once educated abroad-these cultures can thrive without the UN, IMF, WB successfully but this is not the case.

The lifestyle of many indigenous people is self-sufficient and fulfilling to themselves, but when outsiders from so-called developed countries look at the way they are living, they label it poverty and try to restructure things along the lines of their own society. A hunter-gatherer or subsistence farmer may be happy and healthy and even well off in his own community, but he is not going to be able to pay for medical insurance or western medicine. Those things should not be forced on people.

10. susanlang profile image60
    susanlangposted 13 years ago

An interesting tid bit I found.

William Ayres Executive Director, Co-founder.

Mission
    Founded in 1975, World Hunger Year (WHY) is a leader in the fight against hunger and poverty in the United States and around the world. WHY advances long-term solutions to hunger and poverty by supporting community-based organizations that empower individuals and build self-reliance, i.e., offering job training, education and after school programs; increasing access to housing and healthcare; providing microcredit and entrepreneurial opportunities; teaching people to grow their own food; and assisting small farmers. WHY connects these organizations to funders, media and legislators. At WHY, we envision a world without hunger and poverty. If we can shift the prevailing viewpoint on why hunger and poverty exist, then we can influence the policymakers and put an end to this human tragedy.

11. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Governments are not the solution.  Elitist organizations masquerading as charities are not the solution.
    The solution is for each one of us to personally give one other person at a time a helping hand, by sharing our knowledge and our time to help improve their situation.  Then they can do the same for someone else, so on and so on. 
    The world governments, the world's charities, billions of individuals have donated trillions of dollars over the years and we are really not much better than when the efforts began.  One on one education, sharing ideas, techniques, methodologies is much more effective and productive than throwing money at someone and moving on.

1. susanlang profile image60
      susanlangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Logic:  I agree with you. My point in posting that was to show how so many groups make it sound inviting enough to draw people in.

I personally help people one on one for many years in many ways and will continue to do so.  But continue to spread your word, I'm sure many are listening. smile

12. Sab Oh profile image56
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

If a charity is no good or doesn't do with the money what you want, you can stop giving them money. Government on the other hand...

13. susanlang profile image60

I just popped back in and I see this thread died.

14. Aya Katz profile image83
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

The bottom line is that poverty is not an objective condition. Livelonger believes we have a lot of poor people in my community because they don't earn more than $40,000 a year. But if someone has a roof over his head, enough to eat, and savings enough to supply his and his family's needs for many years to come without working for others, then that person is not poor. In many ways, he is quite well off.

Poverty is not measured in dollars and cents. It is a matter of how you live and what you spend your money on. If your money is spent for you so that not enough is left to eat, then it doesn't matter what your original income was. To reduce world poverty, we need to empower the people to spend their own money, and we need to keep others from forcing them to spend it on things they do not wish to buy.

1. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is right of course - although if you live in a community of tv owning two car drivrs and you cycle because it is all you can afford you are subjectively poor.   But as you say this is not really relevant - what is relevant is when the 'poor' are prevented helping themselves, as Omi Said says above.  This also applies in western countries where a million petty laws stop people selling stuff, growing stuff or making stuff without licences and certificates.  In most other countries it is normal for every little niche to be filled by someone, whether it is roadside food, clean your shoes or collect rubbish. We see these as degrading and/or dangerous but those surviving on it see it as a lifeline. Funny how the only people who benefit from banning any competition, however tiny, are the corporations who own all the shops and supply chains ?

Yes, I agree. Also funny how the people who are likely to gain from mandatory health insurance are those whose income comes from selling insurance, the pharmaceutical industry, and well established medical clinics and hospitals.

15. susanlang profile image60

Yesterday I helped someone who had a recent heart attack and living on a small income-- pick out good food buys instead of all the name brand high priced items.

However, I also realize that sometimes it's important to pay more for something even if that might be hard to afford. smile

I believe this is the reason another helping hand up is the answer.

16. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

And the people who will receive health care...

Not really. Certainly not in every case.

Sometimes modern health care causes more harm than good. Think of all the people who went in for exploratory surgery and came out dead. All the people who were given antidepressants to cope with depression, and ended up killing themselves due to the drugs. Think of all the C-sections that are merely precautionary measures to avoid malpractice, all the MRIs that are ordered simply because insurance covers it.

Think of all the alternative, less expensive, less invasive treatments that will never be given a chance because insurance doesn't cover them, and because caretakers would be charged with "criminal negligence" if they went against doctor's orders.

Think of all the people who are going to convert to become Jehovah's Witnesses just to avoid all of this.

1. Dave Barnett profile image58
        Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh no! Not that! Witches and warlocks! That's another story. I feel a hub page comin' on. First  we should have taken measures fifty years ago, world wide, since then we've added another 3 or four billion people to the equation, which, by the way, also contributes to global warming HELLO! Have you ever read about the rat cage experiments?

I look forward to reading that hub!

17. profile image0
    Surabhi Kauraposted 13 years ago

Where there is a rich, there is a poor. As the population is increasing, so are the expenditures increasing and thus, the middle class family cannot afford to fulfill their necessities. Subsequently, this results poverty. Solving poverty is not impossible, every thing is possible. According to my point of view, it all depends on the builders of our nation and they are the 'people'. It is in their hands to make their future bright or dull. To solve poverty, people should live in their budget, they should boycott any expensive stuff if it doesn't serves any purpose to them. What I think is that, if a man who believes in simplicity, and has a control over his desires can live more than 100 years without any financial struggles.

18. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

Maybe we should try to raise 100 million dollars and build a Islamic “cultural center” in New York City to promote tolerance and understanding, and offend the most charitable people in the world, then we will be able to generate 20 or 30 rupees to feed the hungry.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)