jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

New definitions of insanity

1. 69
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

Did you know that California has a state association of hostage negotiators?  There is that many hostage situations that they require such a large number of hostage negotiators?  Insane!

Gov. Arnie signed a bill to give the women that was held hostage for 18 years 20 million dollars of the California taxpayers money at a time when the state is on the verge of bankruptcy!  Insane!

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hostage negotiators - yes, insane.  Why don't we just keep 'em talking until we can take them out with snipers?  If we can do it from a small open boat on the ocean we can do it from an immovable building for a platform.

$20 million dollars - perhaps not insane.  I haven't seen much on that case, but think I saw something that implicates the state in some responsibility.  Might be a smart move to nip it in the bud before it becomes 20 Billion through our wonderful court system.

1. 69
        logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well here's the deal.  She will never have a normal life.  People will try to bilk her out of it.  They will lie and cheat their way into her life and 5 will get you 10 she'll die penniless.

1. wilderness profile image97
          wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And that's assuming she can ever cash the IOU's from California.  lol

But you're right - someone held hostage that long (I think she's young?) has no real protection against the world and it's thieves.  She just won't understand what they're doing to her.  Nevertheless if the states does indeed share in the culpability the people of California owe her the best shot at a normal life they can give her, and money is all they can offer.  I would suggest an annuity or something...but...overseen by California?  That'd be a joke!

2. heart4theword profile image61
    heart4thewordposted 6 years ago

There is allot that happens, beyond our control, that makes no common sense.  This is insane!