jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Billboards warn Americans not to travel to 'dirty' Alberta

1. raisingme profile image91
    raisingmeposted 6 years ago

I find this interesting in light of what is happening of the US Coast.  That coupled with the FACT that the area in the vast province of Alberta that these ads are referring to are smaller than most US cities while the billboards state the area involved is twice the size of the UK. 

A few years ago a Canadian reporter went down to the US and asked the question "Should the US bomb Saskatchewan"  - most answered yes, with a few "Ya gotta do, what you gotta do" tossed in for good measure.   I'm not at all convinced all those wheat farmers on those prairies are a threat to our brothers and sisters to the south. 

We really do need to take responsibility for what we buy into.  And with all the information readily available to us in these times there is no excuse not to.

End of Rant roll

2. Megavitamin profile image88
    Megavitaminposted 6 years ago

Where are these signs?

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Bi … story.html

They are trying to make a point about the environmental impact of harvesting oil sands.

1. Megavitamin profile image88
        Megavitaminposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for filling me in!  I live in California, but I've never seen one of those signs.

3. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Yes, and there is huge danger in breathing the air and drinking the water...
    So nothing is safe. I think the billboards are a waste, and not very accurate in conveying truth.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, they are being put up by a pressure group....

working