jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Yet Another Take on Arizona Immigration Law

1. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

I saw a short blurb in the newspaper that there are now 7 lawsuits filed against the Arizona immigration law.  The interesting part was that one of the suits was filed by a police officer because, according to his lawyer, he might be fired from his job if he didn't enforce the new law.

What does it say about our whole legal/judicious system when not only individual judges but now the police themselves are using their position in the system to remake laws desired by the people (or their duly elected representatives)?

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The legal system means anyone can *bring* a case.  But that sure doesn't mean they can win it.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Of course you're right in that anyone at all can bring a case.  The point, though, is that his privileged position is being used as a reason and method to change the law.  Nor would it surprise me to see it taken seriously by a very liberal judge also wanting an excuse to change the law.

2. 60
        NoAmnestyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It may be true that anyone can bring a case. However, most attorneys will not accept a case that they believe they cannot win. It wouldn't surprise me if they won though. Nothing surprises me when it comes to immigration law anymore.

2. Adult Content profile image60
      Adult Contentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's all nonsense.
      The bottom line is that we need to make sure everyone who is here BELONGS here.
      As I have read in some hubs here in the past:
      What part of illegal do they not understand?

1. 0
        SirDentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. 59
    sexe grilposted 6 years ago

o  my  god

3. TMMason profile image74
    TMMasonposted 6 years ago

Yeah I seen that cop... a maggot looking for his 15 mins. if he doesn't want to enforce the law then should get another job.

4. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

The issue couldn't be more cut and dried.

You either are for enforcing the existing law or not.

That's it.

Illegal is not a race.