jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

USA Can't Fund Unemployment, Can't Create Jobs

1. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

But we can give $7.5 Billion to Pakistan.

"Clinton was offering a package of about $500 million in development programs, funded by legislation approved by Congress to triple nonmilitary aid to $1.5 billion a year over five years."

When is Team Odumbo going to send aid to Americans?

1. John T. profile image60
      John T.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had always thought that instead of giving business a bail out they should give each american a million dollars. Think about it, debts would be paid off, houses would be bought, and cars. But the democrats want people reliant on the government so they would never do that.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It sounds like nirvana, but .....

Given a million $ at my age I would retire immediately.  So would an awful lot pf people.  In addition, how many people with that much money would keep working a low paying job?  No more Mickey D's - no more restaurants, even.  No one to install your new satellite dish, no plumber to fix you leaky faucet.  WalMart gone.

Banks suddenly have no income from interest (loans all paid off) and no one will borrow.  Banks lay off people and close - how will you get your million $ out of the bank?  Or just keep it under your mattress maybe.

Small businesses all close as they can't find cheap labor. People investing their million find themselves in a tremendous balloon that will burst shortly, losing all they have.  Few jobs available, and when people spend their $$ they can't find work to support themselves.

Just food for thought.......

2. KFlippin profile image60
      KFlippinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They'd rather plug a bunch of gimmes on to unemployment benefits and create a quagmire so the bill won't pass unless the gimmes are included.  But, maybe, it's a nice clean extension of unemployment benefits, no liberal gimmes involved, if so, they all should have their butts kicked.  The stimulus even included money that went overseas for cryin out loud!

Sounds like they could have given large sums of cash the unemployed in lieu of the stimulus, with lots better results.  And why don't we have a government funded project to build a barricade along our borders?  That would put a lot of people to work.  They could also be helping with gulf shoreline clean up on the fed's nickel.

My Dad was born during the depression and spent his infancy living in a tent with cardboard boxes for furniture while my Granddad worked on the railroad, my Grandmother did not tell those stories with regret, but with pride at their survival.

2. Tom Cornett profile image61
    Tom Cornettposted 6 years ago

Maybe the gods waiting to clear it with Obama?  He is pretty busy with the oil thingy, campaigning and golf. Could be...the first lady is planning a massive diet plan for the unemployed?   smile

3. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 6 years ago

I guess this is the part of the redistribution of wealth Americans did not plan on. Where is the money gonna come from ? Oh thats right the mandatory minimum coverage mandated for all by 2014 is not a tax ! Can we finally admit nobody in DC has any Idea of what they are doing ? And no more academics in office either ! That would be my mandate. They are dumb !

4. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

USA Can't Fund Unemployment, Can't Create Jobs.

Of course the USA cannot do a lot of things. It shouldn't be a surprise at what they can do. lol