The Next Willie Horton

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)
  1. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Well well well....of all things to learn today.

Makes me shiver just thinking about it, and re-enforces my complete surety that Fixed News is a CIA Operation Mockingbird psy-op.

Turns out that Roger Ailes, the head of Fixed News worked with Lee Atwater to put together the Willie Horton ad campaign that wrecked Michael Dukakis's run for President.
    You see, Dukakis had a 17 point lead over ElBushbo the 1st, and they needed something to bring him down fast.

Ahhhh-racial fear and hatred...the old standby. (Muffy used it recently against gv Patrick too btw.)
    So, in steps Lee Atwater and good ole Roger Aisles, now head of Fox News channel.

Making Dukakis out to be soft on crime using a black convict as bait to drill the fear into people's heads...and you must rememebr that picture?  WOW...pure unadulterated scummy political manuevering.

Flash to now! 

Black woman fired for alleged racial comments she made 24 YEARS ago....geuss who "outed" her? Brett Breithbart, of ACORN fame!!!! I am not makng this up. He's a Fox operative.

That "whistleblower" who "outed" the Black Panthers from 2008....worked for Bush and the Republican National Committee.

And of course, Beckles himself who twisted the meaning of a statement made years ago to bring down the career of a man whom he had a grudge against.

And Now we have Beckles putting himself out as the new Martin Luther King, at the same time he calls President Obama a racist!!!

You cannot make this stuff up, and you cannot let it go unchallenged!!

The GOP new strategy, as I see it: Black people hate you white people. Be afraid for your lives.

Oh, and vote Republican....to save you from the racists blacks who want to take over America.

I thought Atwater was low, but these ops have sunk to a new level......

If you fall for it, you are CHUMPS.

Good people Unite! Don't let this evil win!!!

1. TMMason profile image60
      TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dukakis destroyed his own run... and willie horton is a fact of democrat life in Mass. where I come from.

lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wouldn't expect you to get it.

But you can bet your Beckles-coated butt the rest of us here IN MASSACHUSETTS do!

Muffy had an add about a "scary black man" in a dark alley too.....insinuating that was Deval Patrick.

What scummy lengths politicos will go to....and Lee Atwater was the dirtiest of dirty dogs. And THIS CROWD has him beat!!!

Watch on Aug 28, the anniversary of MLK's speech on Washington....Beckles and his racists baggers will be there to tell you how much Obama hates white people.

Meanwhile, National Action Network is holding it's own rally to commemorate King.
        Should be an interesting day.

I'm taking bets on who shows up with assault rifles and who doesn't!

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66
        Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought you were from Wisconsin.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Interesting post Lovemychris. wink smile

Thank you cagsil...can you tell I'm pissed? hahaha
      Had it up to here...this one broke the camel's back.

Because I remember how nice a man Dukakais was....nothing dirty about his dealings. Straight and narrow that one.

Going up against the demons from hell. Much like their motto: "Anything to make a Buck", it's "Anything to win an election".....anything.

3. bsscorpio8 profile image60
    bsscorpio8posted 13 years ago

It just goes to show you how we operate in this, "The Greatest Nation IN THE WORLD...THE WORLD!!!!!

They take us for a bunch of rubes and slack-jawed yocals!!!

Yes they do. Especially when Becky-Boy brings on the faux tears....

ANYone who CRIES for his country.....pure theatrical crap. Especially when he sells it out on a daily basis!!!

4. Reality Bytes profile image76
    Reality Bytesposted 13 years ago

Dukakis should have never taken that ridiculous picture of himself driving a tank.

Remember?

NICE DODGE.........NOT!!!

1. Reality Bytes profile image76
        Reality Bytesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No Seriously

http://darrengarnick.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/dukakis_tank.jpg

He shouldn't have done it.

2. Elpaso profile image61
      Elpasoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yea! That picture would really prompt me to take out racist attack ads on the man. It would have nothing to do with despicable me!

1. Reality Bytes profile image76
        Reality Bytesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dukakis had his popularity plummet after that picture.  What has that to do with race?  Only the truth.

5. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

I'll take that picture over a Beckles tear-a-thon any day.

*oh sob* *sob* *oh boooohoooooo* wipes tears. "I just.......I just.......It's just that.......I just know Obama hates America!"......*oh sooooob* *sooooooob* lays it on heavy, must stop. Can't take the pain of it.

That clown never left the morning zoo!

6. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

CBS was fined $550 thousand by the FCC for Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction at the Super Bowl. (The fine was reduced by court decision). I wonder how much Fox "News" will be fined for its conspiracy with Tea Party scum leader Andrew Breitbart in the assassination of Shirley Sherrod in an effort to attack NCAAP. The doctored video appeared on the same website as the phony videos that resulted in the demise of ACORN. The White House and/ or Vilsak deserves criticism for taking the Fox News bait and firing Sherrod without bothering to find out the facts of her case. The NAACP has apologised abjectly for allowing itself to be "snookered" by Fox News and Breitbart. Seems to me that Fox News seriously breached its public duty in this case.

I totally agree!!

When do the Democrats stop taking this obvious lying smear campaign going on??

If you watched Maddow last night, she showed the rest of Sherrod's speech...the end of it where she said, "I went in there to help black people, who had been so terribly wronged" (paraphrase)
      That's the part Faux showed. But then she said this:"But I realized it was really for poor people of all colors."(paraphrase)

Much like MLK, who before he was assasinated, was starting what he found to be the real goal after civil rights.... A Poor People's Campaign.

Now YOU KNOW there cannot be a campaign to end poverty....Who would the predators get rich off?????

Eh Beckles?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)