jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (28 posts)

Obama not invited for Chelsea Clinton's wedding ?

1. profile image0
    Uma07posted 6 years ago

I just came across this news on msn homepage.The headers give a shock.It's only when you read the whole news everything gets clear.

Chelsea Clinton's marriage Saturday is the hottest ticket in town, but President Barack Obama would have to give a miss to what is being called the Wedding of the Decade and of the Century as he hasn't been invited.

He hasn't received an invitation to the wedding of the daughter of former President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Obama announced on ABC's "The View" Wednesday.

"I was not invited to the wedding because I think Hillary and Bill, properly, want to keep this thing for Chelsea and her soon-to-be husband," the president said.

1. Bikash jha profile image60
      Bikash jhaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Obama is so cool dude and he handle everything calmly.

1. donotfear profile image90
        donotfearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol

2. thisisoli profile image55
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He might have handled that one smoothly, but man was he pissed when he didn't get an invite to my wedding.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

Since Hillary is going to steal the Democratic nomination in 2012, it would not be appropriate to invite him.

1. profile image0
      Uma07posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Makes sense.Haha!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

She'll just be keeping the seat warm for Chelsea.  Let's hope her marriage turns out better than Hillary's.

1. profile image0

I really have no idea about the internal political issues and the personal lives of politicians in that part of the world.We just grab what is published in the newspapers or shown on air.Surfing the net makes up for the most of it.

3. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've heard rumors of this, too. I still think she should have won the nomination in 2008!

3. IntimatEvolution profile image81
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

Good, he needs to be running the country.  We are at war.

1. profile image0

Seems his honeymoon days are over.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image81
        IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes they are.  It is my opinion, that if we have soldiers on the front coming up missing or dying, then this is not the right time to eat cake.  That's just my opinion. 

Maybe the Clinton's were thinking the same exact thing.smile

2. wildorangeflower profile image56
        wildorangeflowerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did he have honeymoon at all, look at his hair! Even people from all over the world is focusing their attention at him - tough job, really tough to be the Prez of the worlds number one democratic country,

4. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

I'm with you, Habee. It took me a long time to accept that Hillary basically sabotaged her own campaign and Obama upstaged her. I like and respect him but think Hillary has more wisdom as well as bigger balls!

I don't know why people would think Obama would be invited to Chelsea's wedding. It's a private event.

I was surprised, actually, to hear that Oprah is going. I was pretty mad at her, too, for endorsing Obama over Hillary!!!

5. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Yeah, MM! What was Oprah thinking??

6. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago

I'm thinking 2 narcissists at one event is enough.

Why share the drama with a third.

7. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I liked Hilary and McCain. You know Hil and John are good friends. Had she been elected prez, I think she would have made him Sec of State. I would have been happy with that arrangement.

8. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

I'm still waiting for the day when a candidate crosses party lines and the ticket is mixed. In my lifetime?

I think Hill is actually in a great job for her experience and talents. She already had relationships with heads of state around the world from Bill's presidency.
    Not sure how McCain as SOS would play out in the post-Bush era. Interesting to contemplate.

All I know is this. The Republicans can put up anyone they want in 2012 as long as it isn't Sarah Palin.

9. IntimatEvolution profile image81
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

Yes, I would like to see a mixed ticket as well.  One can only hope.

10. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image62
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 6 years ago

Mr.Obama not invited to Chelsea's wedding... because, Ms.Hillary would have thought it would be embarassing for her husband Mr.Clinton to receive the President Obama. But it would have been a wise decision if he was invited. It would have brought cheers to her and would have helped in her quest for Presidency in the next elections. She is bound to lose the next election also.

11. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

the wedding is for the bride and groom. with the current president in attendance, the focus and security is on the president. let them enjoy their day..

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image62
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The wedding was for the bride and groom only... Why any other person should attend that ?  Even Ms.Hillary and Mr.Clinton need not have attended it... what a joke.  Every one will take it as a pride and  prestige if a President attends a marriage.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you misunderstood the statement. of course, the guests enjoy the wedding, but the focus is on the bride and groom.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image90
        Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Exactly what the Clinton's are lacking Pride and Prestige!  lol

12. profile image0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

She had her own problems with secret service being there. why would they want even more?

13. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

Well I went to the evening part of the reception and it was great smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Irish, what did you eat, Chelsea is a vegetarian and her dad is not, did they have other choices of meals?
      I didn't wait for the reception, that's why I am asking, am interested only to look if Oprah is there or if the gown is beautiful..I didn't see you there though. HEHE
      People always have something to say about anything, Ms Rebekkah stated it very nicely.

14. RanCrosby profile image61
    RanCrosbyposted 6 years ago

He's the President of the United States, not the Social Ambassador of the U.S. lol. At the end of the day, if you been to one wedding you've been to them all.

working