jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Does accepting aids from india by pakistan affects their relations ?

1. 0
    ankigarg87posted 6 years ago

Does accepting aids from India by Pakistan affects their relations.Do you think their relations become good and of friendly nature.if they help each others in need ?

1. Joe Badtoe profile image62
      Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pakistan has been portrayed as a harbour of terrorists by western media and whilst a corrupt government may be involved in such a vile activity the majority of Pakistanis live an altogether more simple and basic existence.

The sense of reluctance in the west (other than the politically neutral charities) to help the country during this latest natural disaster stems from the West's media coverage painting the entire nation as friends of the Taliban.

India is offering genuine aid and to answer your question ankigarg I imagine that such an act would and should help ease the tensions between the two nations.

2. Merlin Fraser profile image79
      Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why not just leave the politics and troubled history out of the debate that sounds too much like the damn silly points raised by a shit stirring newspaper or TV reporter.

In the midst of a natural disaster Pakistan and its people are in desperate need of humanitarian assistance and a neighbour has offered that assistance, presumably without any conditions.  That’s what neighbours do !

Given the fact that the Monsoon floods happen every year what has happened in Pakistan could just as easily happen in India another year.

3. drdspervez profile image47
      drdspervezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In time of need and distress if India and Pakistan help each other on humanitarian ground, there is nothing wrong in accepting the aid from each other, after all  India and Pakistan are neighbors.

DR.DURRESHAHWAR PERVEZ

2. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I do hope it does. There have been some goodwill expressed lately. smile

3. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

I don't know all the details, but generally genuine help helps to ease the tensions. smile

4. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

Pakistan has accepted the aid today..I am Indian and so I know how India and Pakistan relationship work. I fully understand Pakistan's reluctance..but it was genuine gesture of India towards Pakistan. Also no matter how much politics plays between too..in times of calamities we need to support each other...

Now would it effect India and Pakistan's relationship. Well it wont to drastic effect..we have some over sensitive issues and one gesture doesnot change much but it is indeed positive step. Also this is not first time that such gestures have been shown. India supported Pakistan when it needed IMF loan . Pakistan supported India when it wanted cwg games. Pakistan is also supporting India's bid to non permanent member of security council...we are neighbors and at end of day , we need to grow up..

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well said, and thanks for the local knowledge. smile

5. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 6 years ago

I wish the India-Pakistan relations normalise.  But I think as and when the flood relief work come to a close, the ISI-Taliban-Pakistan army nexus will never want a good neighbourly relationship between us. They will start some trouble and it will be back to square one. Just before the floods, the Kargil architect Gen.Musharaff planned to return to Pakistan... (to lead the ISI-Taliban offensive on India?)

Just before the floods came to Pakistan, it was nearing a flash point as Pakistani infiltrators were ready to enter India and In Indian Kashmir, there were demonstrations by separatists on Srinagar's streets daily. There were firings daily and scores were killed by the security forces. Had the floods not come, it will be a worst scenerio between India and Pakistan. Those trouble making elements are there and will surely revive the tension.

1. Merlin Fraser profile image79
      Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I bow to your superior knowledge of the local area its history and politics.   I could wish that your analysis was wrong but somehow I don't think it is.

6. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

I don't think passing along Aids helps anyone feel good

7. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 6 years ago

Pakistanis are in the habit of requesting aid from others such as military aid, anti-terrorism aid, general economic aid, etc.  So, any amount of help by India or others will make no difference for them.

8. 0
    Uma07posted 6 years ago

Indian government is in favor of resolving issues thru dialogues but Pakistan always rejects such moves.They export terrorism and then want the terrorist to be handed over to them if held alive in India as it happened in the 26/11 incident.That attack was primarily targeted at Americans.You nab a person who was responsible for so many deaths and the country he belongs to wants him sued in THEIR court!