jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

What's worst State sponsored terrorism or guerrilla groups?

1. Joe Badtoe profile image60
    Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago

Lot of hubs on terrorism and replies do seem to be on the side of the State. So it got me thinking, given that so many countries are guilty of sponsoring terrorism is this any worse or different to rebel groups of terrorists fighting in their own country or organising a bombing campaign against countries they view as the enemy?

It's all about control isn't it?

The US has its hands dirty all over latin/south america, the UK has undertaken covert ops in Ireland and historically in India. Germany, Russia, Spain, Italy, Portugal and France have all been involved in sponsoring ilegal activities in europe, asia and africa. Yet the word terrorism is rarely mentioned in the history books?

I don't see a clear distinction here. Does that make me a terrorist sympathiser or a dangerous subversive?

1. ledefensetech profile image81
      ledefensetechposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's because the actions in Latin America, Asia and Africa have been military in nature.  That is to say that the intent was to force a regime change or some other even that was supposedly in the "national interest" of the nation involved.  The only goal of a terrorist is to strike terror into the hearts of a populace.

Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A regime change? That's an interesting concept and I'm wonderiing what exactly does this mean?

And implementing a regime change in a foreign country by funding and supporting an army to kill its own people because a democtratically elected govt might not favour your own country is not an act of terrorism?

Allende of Chile springs to mind as does the relentless actions taken by the US to destasbilise Cuba.

The National Interest of  whom?

2. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Obama wants you for his next apology tour.

2. Joe Badtoe profile image60
    Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago

Did I step on a landmine here?

Or did I fart at a Royal Wedding?

3. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

You Wok It Out.... Sorry kitchen humor smile

Maybe you put your worst foot forward Huh? lol

I guess people Were Wondering if you were expecting to get your digit amputated or.... hmm

4. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 6 years ago

I don't think you are right in suggesting that the UK has been in any way involved in state sponsored terrorism in Ireland.

Of course the UK government has been involved in the conflict in Northern Ireland, but as the actual government of that country, not as a foreign power sponsoring terrorist groups.

Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You need to read up a bit more on Irish history and the UK's interfernce in the democtratic process from the early 1900's. The IRA was founded as a protest movement to English interference in their affairs. And if you think that no covert operations exisited during the conflict then you are delusional my friend.

The collusion between the Northern Irish police force and known loyalist terrorist is well know and the UK govt approved and acknowledged this union. This was state spnsored terrorism.

5. ahorseback profile image53
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

Its easy folks , if it's the other guy thats fighting it's terrorism, if its you , you're gorilla fighting , easy.....

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

gorilla fighting - is that like orangatung arm wrestling?