jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Is America the Super Power of the World? If not, which Country?

1. Transministry profile image58
    Transministryposted 6 years ago

Back your answer with proof of your choice being a Super Power - Economically and Military Strength.

1. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

usa is only officially super power of the world..china might become another but it has long way to go..super power tag doesnot work only on two factors..economically usa is still largest economy and no 2 is way way behind usa..while usa is 13 trillion , no 2 china is just more than half of usa...

1. kephrira profile image61
        kephriraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But if China decided to pull the plug on all the money it lends to the US then the US would be screwed.

Also being a superpower is as much about geopolitical power games as miltiary force, and China is now a bigger force in Africa and much of Asia than America is.

I think there is no longer a single superpower. USA and China are both superpowers, and India may well be before long too.

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

China. They practically "own" us, and they outnumber us!

3. Joe Badtoe profile image60
    Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago

You're all wrong

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image59
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Whether a super-power or not, that question would have ended in 1989 with the end of the cold war. However, to answer some unweavering egos, it all depends on the indicies regarding the level of technology, per capital income and tolerance in human freedoms and Rights.

4. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I still think the US is a superpower but currently a crippled one.

5. bukan profile image61
    bukanposted 6 years ago

If America has its ultimate power then why the America does not found yet Bin Laden ?

who said america has ultimate power...all is being said is america is super power...

6. Rishy Rich profile image80
    Rishy Richposted 6 years ago

Whether a country is a Super power or not depends on multiple variables. i.e. Military strength, Political influence, Economy etc.

USA is no.1 in all of those variables & still is the Worlds Super power but yes it is in a shaky condition & may loose its position overtime.

China is lagging well behind USA & theres no point of counting it as a Super power yet because its military might is even inferior than Russia, political influence is strong in Asia but lacking allies in Europe & although Economy is growing fast but they have their population problem & lower living standards when compared to US.

Other nominated countries for such title i.e. Russia, India are also lagging way way way down & has their own problems.

quiet right...