Sarah Palin is more like Al Qaida than Christ in Political Philosophy

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)
  1. bgamall profile image69
    bgamallposted 13 years ago

Sarah Palin is a dominionist, meaning she believes in spreading her false version of "Christianity" by force. Christ told Peter to put away his sword. Palin would have kept the sword out swinging.

Palin is the most dangerous female on the face of the earth because even if she doesn't win the presidency, she will likely broker in a neocon. Neocons are secular people, like the Bush's and Cheney, etc, who also believe in world domination.

Aligning and dominionist with neocons is like setting dry grass on fire with gasoline.

Don't be fooled, Beck and Palin are dangerous. They will try to get us into a war with Russia or China and the nukes could fly. I don't know when, but it will happen or at least be in the stages of happening before God puts a stop to it.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not a fan of hers, and I'm pretty much a Conservative leaner on a most things (certainly not all).  I wrote her off as far as paying any attention to what she's doing goes; but then again, that last election was such a circus I tuned out of the whole business (not particularly happy to say that, but it's true). 

I'd really like to see the Republican party make her go away and put someone else out there I could take seriously.  Apparently, though, a lot of Republicans DO take her seriously!   mad  (That's why I tuned out of the whole thing - right or wrong - I couldn't vote Liberal but I sure as heck wasn't about to vote for the circus act. )

So, I'm not sure what, of your post, I would agree with or not agree with.  Some I do.  Some, based on the fact that I've tuned it all out (after a lifetime of not being tuned out), I haven't been paying enough attention to to have much of an opinion on.

Having said all that, what does hit me in the face about the Christianity thing (and although I was raised Catholic, and was taught that Catholic are "Christians too"   hmm, I wrote off church when I grew up too.   ); is that I can't imagine anyone who aligns himself with what Jesus is said to have taught with someone who made such a big show and a big deal out of all that killing of innocent creatures Palin is apparently proud of.  That, alone, tells me this individual doesn't really value the life of "all God's creatures" the way some people seem to think she does.

But, she (and a whole lot of other people in politics) is a circus act, and apparently circus acts fly these days.

The Republican party doesn't have to be dangerous in the ways you say, but it has earned the reputation that it is.  (Palin, aside - and I've never paid any attention to radio/tv "personalities" when it comes to forming my own opinions; contrary to what a lot of people think about Conservative "leaners" and Conservatives.)  I think, as things stand, the other side is dangerous in its own, and different ways.  I live in Massachusetts, have seen, first-hand, how dangerous and destructive so much Liberal thinking in government can be to individual lives; and I'm not at all comfortable with what's going on at the top of the Federal government.  (I won't go into all that here, but, believe me, I could back up the stuff about Massachusetts destroying lives and people, causing a lot of the problems it then turns around and pretends to want to fix, but  can't (because the cause of the problems is within the government, and not the individual citizens).

So, until some better people get brought forward, and until American voters start to expect more than circus acts for elections, the country's in big trouble one way or another - and a whole lot of us don't know what to do about it, because nobody values the things the are most important in good leaders.

(One thing, though, I don't really care for calling a woman a "female".  Call her "the most dangerous person" or "most dangerous woman" or whatever else; but circus act, disregarder-of-life, of whatever else she is; she's a member of "half" of the human race called "women"; and calling any woman a "female" is kind of demeaning to all the rest of the women that are out there.  We don't often hear people say, "He's the most dangerous male on the face of the Earth."  Why do people do that when it comes to women?  I know it's unrelated to your post, but, as they say, "just saying".   hmm  )

bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here is the deal Lisa. Historical conservatives were slow to war and fiscally responsible. Neocons are empire builders and for endless war.

And even if she doesn't win the nomination, she will be so powerful she could broker a neocon into the White House, where we will have massive spending and empire building and antoher weakening of the middle class.

Until the conservatives take their party back, there is not much hope for Republicans. Even Pat Buchanan calls the neocons the war party. Something to think about.

2. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lisa, my politics sound a lot like yours, and Palin scares the heck out of me! What's really frightening is how many conservatives practically worship her. I fear this will "knock out" any moderate conservatives from running in 2012.

BTW, which republicans would you like to see run in 2012?

Habee, thanks for the encouragement. I have written that on economics, the republicans want to cut too much and the dems want to spend too much. I say cut the military except for defensive positions which should be strengthened, and then the government should aggressively invest in technology. We cannot just support the industries of big bankster credit and the military.

And I am for less war as we cannot afford it, not are aggressive wars moral.

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I agree with you there. I fully support some government programs, but I do think the dems spend too much. I'm often "caught in the middle," politically speaking. I refer to myself as a moderate conservative or a conservative moderate. On social issues, I support some liberal views, too.

3. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Slow to war and fiscal conservatives -- that sounds great to me! And just what we need right about now (actually, always).
    It would seem to me that anyone putting forth those values would be extremely popular and a definite contender for public office -- whether as a governor, a senator, or the POTUS.

I haven't researched who specifically (demographics) are being taken in by Palin. I can only imagine they don't know what a dominionist is (or even how to spell it).
    Do they understand what she is really all about underneath the sexy packaging (gag me) and the faux-folksy rhetoric???
    Sometimes I feel like the little boy shouting "The emperor has no clothes!" Why can't people see how evil and dangerous she is?
    It breaks my heart and, as Habee said, scares the bejeezes out of me to think Americans are so easily duped.

Hi Mighty Mom. The definition of dominionist is a person who seeks to spread their version of the gospel by war and violence. It is no different than a muslim radical view of holy war. It is not based on any teaching of Christ.

It is dangerous, and is blind.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)